How do I stop this Lucid Dreaming?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Nodder, Sep 14, 2010.

1. I can't take it anymore, it's too real, it's every night, especially a night when I can't sleep and I pop a AdvilPM. I had a rough expirence 3 years ago, I know we aren't supposed to talk about other "drugs" on GC but im not gonna say anything specifically besides I was trippin (could be talking about tripping over sticks or something) anyways, my house got raided (not even gonna get into it, it was absolutely insane) and ever since then all I dream about is fucked up shit involving cops but im actually in my dream. I don't even smoke bud anymore let a lone sell, it's been years, of course I'll smoke if an L is goin around but other than that to broke. Im talkin vivid dreams, where im sayin get me the fuck out of here I wanna wake up. Not just cop dreams, one time at my grandmas (I used to sleep there every weekend from when I was like 1-12 so its spiritual you could say...) And I was about to move far away by myself and that night I had a lucid dream where I was in the living room of her house and there was a sort of fat hispanic man with glasses and bald, never seen him in my life but I know the face way to well (you know what I meen if it's happened) and I was elbow to elbow with all OLD OLD people looked fossilized and I was like WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MOM and i couldnt open the door or get the fuck out and he was like Nah you cant go. Then I flew thru the roof and saw a light and woke up in a pool of sweat. Anybody wanna give me some advice? Im religious, could that dream of been god talking to me through a dream, and is the cop dreams just paranoia in my head that will never go away so I dream about it?

2. You're in a dream that's in a dream...

I recommend talking to my friend Leonardo DiCaprio.

3. If it were really lucid dreaming you could control the events and most likely turn this "hell" into a blissful dream. I think you're just having a nightmare.

4. Nah dude cause like I know what im doing in my dream. I know what I have in my dream. I know whats like going in from when I previously went to bed. I cant explain it like its like im living my life.

Edit: like for example if I had a blunt rolled at the house and my house gets raided in the dream im like "Did they find the blunt???" Its fucking wierd

5. If it's a lucid dream you can control it. Obviously you don't know what you're talking about.

6. Ok well its obviously not fuckin normal dreaming man.

7. Why dont you just start thinking about fine bitches

8. knowing you are dreaming and being able to control your dreams are 2 very different things so obviously YOU don't know what you're talking about.

OP - you know you are dreaming but are unable to control it?

i've had good experiences with closing my eyes and saying to myself "this is a dream and my playground" and that usually enables me to control the dream. lucid dreaming should never be a bad experience, people use it to get over night terrors and bad dreams, not evoke them.

click on the dream within a dream link in my sig if you have anymore lucid dreaming questions

9. thank you for being cool my dude. what happens is i'll be dreaming and i will be like WAKE ME THE FUCK UP and eventually ill wake up shaking my head like crazy, or like for example when im dreaming about bad shit i'll start pinching myself telling myself to wake up and I cant. and like i said, if i have a blunt rolled at the house (thank god I got a free L from my cuz yesterday, first time smoked in a couple months) so i was saving it for after my exam, and in my dream when I got raided I was like did they find the fuckin blunt? Its every dream too, like I know im dreaming. I hope you get what I meen, I just dont know what it is or called. Thank you for the help because this is getting me nuts.

Edit: And the judge in last nights I never seen his face before but now I will remember it so vividly for the rest of my life, same with the 1 in my grandmas house the hispanic man in the middle around all the old people telling me I couldnt leave and I was saying where the fuck is my mom get me the fuck out of here.

10. dude you're at the point where you can send yourself into lucidity. if you KNOW you are dreaming and are consciously thinking, close your eyes and say to yourself its a dream and my playground. open your eyes with the knowledge that everything you could ever imagine is at the will of your mind. anything is possible in the dream world

11. #11 Canada x 420, Sep 14, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2010

You can control your dream so long as you recognize your dreaming (usually, but i think there are different kinds of lucid dreams). Instead of trying to get them to stop, work on controlling them.

I have had completely lucid dream where i can control everything and other ones where i know i am dreaming but i cannot do things i would not normally be able to do. Learning to control them is hard and im sure some people here will have much more knowledge on this than me, on how to actually do this.

Just think matrix shit. If im dreaming then why isn't there a supermodel blowing me?

Bam. Successful lucid dream.

12. Thas what I do, usually its I shake the fuck out of my head and it doesn't work, and eventually it does and I wake up rapidly shaking like a freakin seizure and like I have had no rest. I can not change the scenario though, whatever the dream is, it is what it is, but I AM present in it. Scary shit man. I am so scared of the law it isnt even funny, even though I do NOTHING illegal, not even leave my home, I had such a serious expirence that I will never be the same.

13. Xanax will give you crazy dreams dude. So will smoking weed. Maybe its the advil pm. Ive been having some crazy dreams aswell. Dont take advil pm though.

14. Im prescribed xanax, it does the opposite effects for me, it gives me anxiety and insomnia. I seriously can't wait to get the fuck out of this state to get my medical card so I can actually HELP my anxiety, not even to mention the chronic pain.

15. Everyone reacts different to shit. If your not taking them then I wouldnt relate the dreaming to it. If you are though, I believe the medicine has alot to do with it. I have noticed it everythime Ive taken that medicine. The more I take the more intense the dream is.

16. YOU control your dreams bro. realize this.

17. that doesn't sound quite like lucid dreaming more like PTSD shit

18. Not even kidding, next time you dream, in your dream look at your hands. In a dream your hands rarely have 5 fingers, so it will tip you off that your dreaming and you can control your dream...

19. Yeah i can help you, you just have to wake up....wake up....wake up.

Haha, just kidding, hope that didn't actually fuck with you.

20. it sounds to me like you are worrying overly about the problem, panicking in a dream doesn't help, you have to remain calm

if you are in the middle of a dream, and realize it don't start freaking out which is really what sounds like is happening

If you panic, that panic is not going to make controlling the dreamscape any easier

I think the best advice I saw on here was to close your eyes and BREATH and remember that its just a fucking dream where nothing can hurt you except your own mind fucking with you

I've had a few lucid dreams where I could not control the content of what was going on or happening. So when that happens I try to imagine I am floating or flying. Its usually a lot more fun, although on one occasion I ended up on the ceiling bumping around like a balloon while being snapped at by a T-rex out of Jurassic park trying to make my fucking dream cool instead of annoying. Needless to say, that strategy is much more fun when in the dream I'm outside haha

I really should read up on lucid dreaming xP