How do I stop this from growing any taller????

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by cyndee, Oct 6, 2016.

1. This plant won't stop growing, every night 3 inches, it's flowering maybe 2nd or 3 rd week.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. I'd tie a string on one of those poles in the corner of your tent...then tie it to the top of the plant and tie her down sideways.

Wherever you tie the string to on the plant...bend her back and forth a few times w/ your hand before you tie it down...it'll give the branch more flexibility. If you accidentally snap a branch, tape it back together.

Your plant looks healthy...but you wanna get that height/stretch issue under control as soon as possible.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Your bud will be severely affected unless you add more light. I would also look into "Loli popping" in about a week... That will help some.

• Like Like x 1
  4. You should of topped it few times when it was small it would of filled your tent nice

Sent from my SM-G900F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  5. Looks like a nice healthy Sativa you have there.

Not the best choice for indoor growing as
    they can sometimes get 20 feet tall,
    as You're finding out.

As far as how to stop it getting taller,
    I have no idea now. It should have been
    trained from the beginning.

You might could bend it over, carefully.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Doesn't look like 2nd or 3rd week to me. Don't see any signs of pistils.

7. About 2 weeks ago when she started to flower

8. Yeah you need to top it during veg More keep it low and bushy . Plus your light won't be so high not hitting the lower part of the plant.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  9. You should seriously cut the top foot off, it will grow back but much more better canopy

• Like Like x 2
  10. [​IMG]
    Got bud sites?
    Top, top, top.......

• Like Like x 2
  11. Beautiful

Sent from my SM-G935V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. You sound unsure of flowering time, you said 2nd or 3rd week.... I'm not sure if it's even that far along bud after seeing this pic, I would plan for another foot of growth.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Topping your plants early will make them grow like 'V'...leaving them un-topped they will grow in a Christmas tree shape. When plants are topped and trained early you'll get far better yields....and a uniform canopy..so the buds will be of even consistency and size..whereas an un-topped plant will produce one big ass cola and bunch of little buds :smoking:

IMG_0626.jpg
    IMG_0627.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  14. Well I topped the plant hmm ??? [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  15. But how do I get more light on the plant?????

16. Topping the plant would imply you made a 'top cut' - where you actually cut the top of the plant off.

What you did is more considered 'training'...

Anyway...the plant's kinda growing crazy bc it got so tall..but just roll with it. Be careful handling the top you bent bc it can tear easily once crushed like that. By now it's pry starting to repair itself a little. I'd angle the plant so the top was close to a pole and gently tie the top to it.

Then go on youtube and watch a couple videos on 'super cropping'....that's how you can keep you branches from getting out of control, and even out your canopy.

Is this a regular plant or an auto flower? How many hours of light per day is it currently under?

• Like Like x 2
  17. You may want to support that branch you super cropped with a string. more of a 90' angle.

• Like Like x 1