Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How do I stop someone freaking out?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by R0Y5TON, May 4, 2012.

1. Okay, Me and my girlfriend are going camping in the summer, Its a long way off yet but I want to be prepared.

Anyway I'm taking a Eight with me. I'm hoping my girlfriend will ask to try some. She's never had cannabis before and she used to be quite against it, but I managed to turn that round :D. But I'm worried that she will freak out ( I always think the worst) and because I'll be high I won't know what to do.

Does anyone have any suggestion how keep her calm?

2. Nice firm slap should bring things back in order.

3. my girlfriend started to freak out her first time and I comforted her and kept repeating that it was from the weed and she would be perfectly normal once it wore off and she should enjoy it now because when it's gone, she would want more. She calmed down and tried to learn more about weed because she didn't want those unwanted effects again. Now, she smokes with me regularly and has no issues. :bongin:

4. Tell her its just weed man, its not a hardcore party drug or anything. Take her for a walk/hike, read a book, watch the stars or if there happens to be a hammok chill there for a bit.

5. Have sex with her ...

6. you cant, once a person starts to freak out you have to wait until the come down. explain to then before they smoke what might happen so they know what to expect.

7. don't let her smoke too much. She won't have a tolerance. Just roll a joint or load a bowl, start walking with her, and ask her if she wants to taste weed. Aslong as your not acting like an idiot, she will see your having a good time and will probably want to try it.

8. Don't give her that much? Give her a little since shes never done it before and she'll end up wanting more.

9. Tell her it's a transient experience.

10. She should be fine, if you'll be alone together and she won't feel threatened she'll probably be ok. I used to sketch out while being high in public especially near police officers I would have rather not had to deal with that on my first few times being high. Of course everyone reacts differently so hard to tell.

11. Sometimes people will freak out because They'll get low blood sugar. Have something to eat and drink would help.

12. Let her take a hit and wait a couple minutes to see how she feels. Don't get her too baked man. Take it slow and you'll have no problems. It's easier to calm somebody down whose taken 2 hits than smoked an entire blunt.

13. Cheers guys, Yeah I'm not going to force her. I won't even mention It. I'll wait for her too ask.

Ill probably just roll a J and let her take 1 or 2 hits first then take it from there.

14. Good music helps.

15. If i were you, i would get her high before the trip. (like in the car)

16. Don't talk to her about freaking out or being paranoid unless she asks about that specifically. You only freak out if you believe you will freak out or you are genuinely stressed or afraid. If anything horrible happens, just hold her and tell her it's ok and that she should calm down. Before she tokes, just talk about how happy and excited you are that she is trying it and that you bet she will laugh a lot. Just make her feel positive before smoking.

17. If she does get weird, give her a massage.

1. it will calm her down
    2. its a good mood setter if you know what I mean

18. *facepalm

19. I freaked out my second time smoking, because my first time I didn't get high.

What would have helped me was if there was one person there still sober. It freaked me out being around everyone else who were also in the same state of mind as I was, and it would have relaxed me more to have someone there who was still in the "real world" to calm me down and who was still acting normal. Just make sure she's in a familiar place, preferably the daytime the first few times she smokes (because as you're aware it can take a few times before she even gets high) and if she starts to freak out, take her on a walk or get her in bed and help her go to sleep. Try to remind her of things she likes, like movies or something and get her to talk about something she's passionate about. Just try to remind her of things that will take her back to reality for a moment. For me when I start getting a little nervous when I'm high, I'll think about what I did that day and remind myself how I got to the point where I smoked. Last time I smoked, I had just dyed my hair that day, so at one point when I was in that "is life even real?" stage I usually get in while I'm high, I just took a look at my hair and it calmed me down.

Play music she likes, give her a massage or something that will feel good and calm her down or play with her hair. But just warn her ahead of time what it'll be like. Nobody told me what it would be like to get high, so I always assumed it'd be like when you get drunk and it wasn't so it totally freaked me out. Tell her how everything will be like in slow motion, how her whole body will feel like it's pulsing, how she won't really be able to hear herself talk, how she'll feel dizzy (this is how it can be for me, anyway) and just watch her. I'd recommend maybe not getting high the first few times she smokes so that you can take care of her.

20. if she's freaking out just say" Mellow, mellow, mellow" say it really slow and they will be fine.