How do I stop giving my girlfriend space?

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by Fighter, Jul 16, 2011.

1. #1 Fighter, Jul 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2011
    I cannot fucking believe I'm asking a question like this but some shit happened yesterday and she told me that since were dating I'm not suppose to give her space.

I got picked up with a friend by her friends to go drink somewhere and she thought I was ignoring her, even though I said hi and she just waved and started texting people, and go upset enough that we had to have a talk about it.

Shes happy now and we had a great night after but this is driving me insane. Like, am I suppose to start getting pissed when she talks to her guy friends or says if someones attractive, constantly poke/talk to her, and I guess be more intrusive?

Is that what's going to make her feel happy/loved? For fucks sake I stayed up 2 nights to finish my course so I could hang out with her that night (friends haven't even met her yet) and they think shes a bitch and I can't stop thinking about that.

Fuck.

Edit: I was pretty fucked up when I was writing this, I'm not reading through it but if something doesn't make sense that's why.

2. Sounds like you got a girl who gets relaish ideas and views from teen mom, MTV, romantic comedies and the like... In two paragraphs she seems like a bitch, so I'd say bring her around your bros and see what happens....

Is she at least really hot to be acting like that?

3. Weird.

Next time you see her try giving her a kiss hello instead. She also sounds like she likes to be chased. Why would she just wave hello to her boyfriend and then continue to text? Sounds like an annoying little girl...

4. I know, she was telling me she felt sick this morning and last night so I thought something was bothering her so I figured I'd ask when we weren't in front of her friends and mine. I would of if she wasn't on the opposite side of the car looking at the window.

At the same time, I wanted to tell her how much I loved her and that I feel we should break it off. I didn't say either of those things I couldn't string together a sentence, this just caught me completely by surprise.

And yea, shes hot.

5. girls are like that. believe me, i'm friends with them.
    and yes i am one, but i like to believe since im slightly tomboyish, i'm exempt :p

Anyways.
    Most girls want to be the princess.
    they want you to run up, say hi, kiss them, hold their hand, dote upon them etc.
    If you don't then they start to feel insignificant to you. The reason why is, girls see that a simple hello is something you do for anyone. She wants you to show to her that shes not like everyone else and deserves special treatment.

This is a cliche but honestly, everyone thinks its so easy that they don't bother putting work into it to see results. Communication.

I would sit down and try to talk to her seriously and say you don't want her feelin that way, but sometimes you have trouble reading her so she should tell you what she expects from you.
    Remember, "I" statements. When you start using "You" statements with a girl, you're practically saying "youre the one who fucked it up. i'm just a bystander'
    Communicating expectations and goals without getting the other person angry is all in the choice of words, tone, volume and tact. It's hard, but once its communicated, you'll know at least if you and her are on the right page.

6. Thanks a lot for that, it really makes sense.

She's telling me not to make it up to her and to just drop it. She still seems upset so I want to but I don't want to piss her of more or anything.

Any advice?

7. I had a girl friend just like this before, i have since tried to not date girls like this but heres my advice from my ex (keep in mind i was like 16.)

8. Wow thanks a lot, I'm understanding why she felt that way a lot more than I did then, I just wish that didn't happen or she could have been a little more understanding.

I haven't gone out with that many people before so this is still pretty new to me, considering I just met her (I knew my other girlfriends really well), I just didn't think I would've made a mistake like that since I was to exhausted to notice.

9. Girl sounds bat shit crazy bro

10. I'm confused how that statment in my post sounds like its influenced by my vagina o_O

No guy really has to put up with a girls princess complex stuff. But if you want to keep banging her, and shes stubborn, you have to play her game long enough where she'll start to play your game. Oh i know, its unfair for girls to act that way, but theyre not gonna stop till they learn. and most of them never do