Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How do I stop a large cherry from forming?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by King Lakiefah, Feb 18, 2014.

1. #1 King Lakiefah, Feb 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2014
    The cherry on the spliff becomes too big and doesn't fall off easily. I think it's overheating the weed which is why the smoke tastes like ash? So I'm wasting weed. How do I stop this problem?

Is it the way I roll the spliff? This doesn't happen when other people roll. What's wrong with my spliff?

2. Try to put it out and evenly light it with your lighter before you puff again.

Always works with me especially if a blunt is smoking uneven.

Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone on the moon inside my space weed grow op

3. When you say put it out, do you mean stop it from burning, remove the ash which is hanging on and light the weed behind it? Or just re-light it after putting it out. 

4. You might be rolling too tight causing the weed in the middle of the joint not to burn as fast and resulting in your cherry becoming too big.

If canoeing is your problem (when one side burns slower) you could wet the side that's burning too fast with a little spit before you take a puff or "baptize" the whole thing before you smoke or light the side that's burning slower.

I always roll the joint in my fingers to even out the weed but if it's really sticky that will compact it too much . also when you are lighting the joint make sure to light the end evenly rotisserie style :)

Oh also make sure to push in the weed on both sides of the joint before twisting and filtering this will help it burn evenly and fill up all the air pockets .

I know I'm rambling but I love to roll !

Sent from my iPhone using

5. It will be the weed, if it's got a big cherry then it's quite moist and what's happening is the weed isn't burning as fast so a cherry builds up, if it was bone dry then it'd be a smaller cherry.

You want a nice big cherry, it's a sign of a slow burning joint, just wait until there like 5mm of ash and flick it.

6. Sorry I meant like putting the blunt/joint out and re lighting it. Trying to keep the cherry even with the roll.

Haha my bad was too high.

Cheers!!

Sent from my iPhone on the moon inside my space weed grow op

7. of course the weed needs to be well ground and cured and the roll needs to be clean.

You can put a thin layer of honey or hash oil on the outside and let it dry.
    My favorite thing to do is after you roll take the joint/blunt and place it next to a heater. What works best is if you have a car, place it on the dashboard and run low heat through the vent and it wil dry out the bud and paper and helps it burn much nicer.

8. Qft You sir know how to roll, and those are all the most important fundamentals of rolling.

9. Thank you. Its ma'am tho :)

Sent from my iPhone using

10. #11 turbotoke, Feb 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2014
    Ahh my apologies, won't happen again.

11. this

12. you dont want to knock off the cherry. a big cherry isnt a problem man, it just means you roll fat joints or roll a cone, which are both good. 

13. You can make the joint burn slower by rolling it tighter, not too tight though. Otherwise it will be too tight to suck through.

14. Thanks guys, I guess it's because my bud is too moist at the moment!