How do I start flowering?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by apogee91, Aug 21, 2011.

1. So, I have my plant about 14 inches tall, and I want to start flowering it. I am planting indoors.

Here are 2 updated photos (talking bout the left plant):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Current setting: 18 hrs ligjt, 6 hrs dark.

I checked in all beginner guides and couldn't find a good direction how to proceed., what would be my next step to start flowering?

Should I simply change the light timer to 12 hours light / 12 hours night?

Thanks.

2. Bump for same answer I simply switched to 12/12 about a week ago haunt seen any changes yet....

How long does it usually take to see the changes?

3. You bumped after 9 minutes? anyway, about ten days for indica tike that.

4. Yes, just switch to 12/12 and make sure it's totally dark in the lights off time. No light leaks. It depends on the strain how long they take to start flowering, and the plants have to be mature enough to flower. How old are yours? A mature plant will usually start showing changes within a week or two.

5. #5 staydubbin, Aug 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    I really just wanted to sub I didn't pay attention to the post time

6. #6 staydubbin, Aug 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    I had a sour diesel clone the clone has been in veg for about a month and a half!

Attached Files:

7. Iv'e been told in Amsterdam that a "mature" plant - is a plant that has at least 4
    conjunctions of spreading branches.

Is that true?

8. Yes all you do is 12 hours day, 12 hours light. Read up on it bro.

After a while your plant will show sex then about 8 weeks later you can harvest. Remember your plant will double triple or more in height in a very short while from being in flowering.

9. It's cool just say I thought of more questions :smoke:

10. Yep like others have said switch to 12/12 also you have a nute burn problem your using to much nutrience flush with neutral PH water.