Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

how do i smoke the resin?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by ShinyTokin, Mar 21, 2010.

1. im told that ash sticking to the sides a my bowl is resin and i can scrape it off n smoke it. i thought it just meant by piece was dirty but hell ill rip it jsut tell me how lol. i just scrape it off w a knife n like roll it into a ball or something? wouldnt that just fall thru the hole?

2. heat it up, scrape it with a paper clip or something, roll it into a ball with your fingers, stick into the pipe, light, inhale.

it tastes gross tho but supposedly gets you fucked up. ive never been taht desperate.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. if you really have a lot of resin in your pipe, do this:
    1. scrape resin, roll it in a ball, put ball on top of more weed. Gets you uber high!
    2. If you have no weed, just get the pipe hot. Warm is good too. Then just hit the pipe like you would if there was weed but suck the flame through and try and get some resin in the pipe roasting. Its not the best way of smoking but it does get you high!

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. #4 PositiveVibe, Mar 21, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2010
    These are the two different ways I usually always do when I smoke my resin. First off though, you need to...

1. Scrape pipe with whatever utensils you use. (I use two different swiss army knives to scrape my pipe)

Then

2. Collect all the resin and roll it into a ball.

You now have two choices. You can either put the resin ball into the bowl of the pipe (I make sure that it won't fall into the bowl where I'll suck it up instead of smoke it) or take knife hits.

If you decide to smoke from your pipe, I'd lightly dance the flame onto the resin ball while inhaling as if I was taking a hit (I inhale less quickly though). It doesn't seem like you're really getting a hit, but trust me.. You are. In fact, if you can watch the resin ball as you lightly dance the flame on it (while hitting it), you should see some bubbling effect begin happening on it. Exhale and repeat till satisfied.

If you take a knife hit, well... Maybe you should google that? Or search GC for more info on that. There'd most likely be more info elsewhere then I can give.

What you'll need is, your resin, some tin foil and a 1-liter/2-liter bottle with the bottom cut out.

But I usually just take some resin, a small amount of tin foil, wrap the resin up in the small amount of tinfoil and then turn on a burner on the stove to max. Now, take two butter knives (Or spoons work) and stick the tips into the burner so the tips on up get heated super quick. Leave them there for some time (I dunno the exact time, 5 minutes? ...).

Now, what you're gong to do when you take the knives/spoons off is put the resin (which is wrapped in tin foil) onto the end of one of the utensils and then mash the two utensils together. You're going to do this underneath the 2-liter bottle. I put the bottle opening into my mouth and just smoke whatever smoke comes up. Do know, you don't want to use all of your air IMMEDIATELY. So enjoy the hit smoothly.

Happy toking, hope I helped!

5. 'Poor man's hash' for me....my dude is in Puerto Rico for a couple more days and I foolishly let myself run dry. (Sure, there are other options, mainly knucklehead kids, but on principal I won't even mess with 'em.)

Not posted here in a minute...thread from the dead, whaaaaaat ?

6. Most summed it up, but more knowledge to back up is always good. I keep resin for the desperate times of no bud. I first heat up the black material, not too gooey. Collect it in a separate container. When smoking resin, its harsh and bad tasting but it gets you way lifted. Dont take in too much in one sitting. It lasts a bit depending on amount scraped.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. I have not smoked resin and u shouldnt too simply because there is little to no THC in it and its honestly not the best thing for you. I mean its your choice man but i wouldnt myself. happy smoking : )

Medical Marijuana patient under MMPR

8. Yeah I was about to smoke resin one day but it's full of tartar fuck that.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1

9. Well I just tried the 2 knifes with a ball on aluminum foil and funnel/liter pop bottle and I have to say this is the best way to smoke resin in my opinion....you don't suck it down the hole of ur pipe and its wasting all ur time and effort getting the resin in the first place.... You get like 95% of all the smoke, ya you will cough big time but I'm feeling it on two small resin balls....

10. ...man thats niasty, everyone telling you to smoke resin is fucking with you, don't mean to be a dick but shii you 0n some feind shit for real.

I wonder if there is enough thc in tar to make edibles. I'm sure there are many variables in a thing like this such as quantity, method and potency prior to processing, but assuming we're dealing with average street weed. Which should be around 14 - 18%

Then all we really need to know is how much is lost in the act of smoking. Then we can add original weight of weed in tar to match the lost potency. Idk just a thought if anyone knows how much theoretically is lost then that's cool.

I guess trying to make edibles from the tar kind of serves as a theoretical test? Hmm that's another thought

Sent from my SM-A705W using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. I agree with try to never let yourself run out of buds so you don't have to smoke resin!!! I am amazed that no one has brought this up yet!! if you have to smoke resin out of your bowl the best thing to do is pack ashes into the bottom of your bowl, (I do like a quarter of a cigarette worth of ashes) this will actually as a screen to catch the resin oil as it melts down. Also if it's super wet resin it's better to scrape it ahead of time and let it dry out a little bit first, it makes it alot less harsh on your throat. AS I SAID FIRST THOUGH DONT MAKE THIS A HABIT!!!

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Ewww why smoke tar...

13. I don't have the luxury of never running out of weed, so I've always collected resin when I smoke. Those of you knocking it, be careful what you say, you get desperate when you run dry. I just roll it into big balls and add some keif to it. Gets you pretty damn high. And once you're done smoking it and you're high, who cares how you got that way?

14. #14 Ultramaxx, Sep 1, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2021
    My bowl peice for resin broke other ones taste bad if I let them build up , didn’t think of adding keif to it smart . What thc percentage is resin ?
    I’ve only used a few small peices of resin this year.. never used it without bud under it haha ..

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. Don't really know the THC percentage of resin. I just know it gets me high, and I deal with the coughing and taste just fine. Plus, kief makes everything better man. But that's a good question. Good luck and happy resin smoking. Lol

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. Well... Not this resin...

17. Yeah hash is pre smoked weed resin ??! Not the tar stuff . I’d rather have a clean bong then collect resin , some bowl peices need cleaning or taste terrible others resin can build up thick .
    I’d certainly not smoke it often or without any herb .
    I knew cheap stoners once who like lived off resin , kept the pipe all nasty for it … iso and resin haha . Gross
    Is hash similar or keif or no ?