Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How do I smoke resin?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by AshRoth, Mar 20, 2010.

1. Yo. New to the City and sort of new to the herb. I'm totally out of green for the next few days and need a buzz to get my creativity flowing :p
    I've got a nasty ass pipe that I've never cleaned in 2 months, and it's pretty much coated in what I'd assume is resin.
    So my question to you blades is:
    What do I use to get it out, and how do I smoke it?
    Any answers wil be insanely appreciated :smoking:

2. You don't.

Seriously it's really not worth it. It tastes like shit, makes your lungs feel like crap and the buzz wears off after 20 minuets and is replaced with an annoying headache.

Of course if you still want to do it, scrape away and smoke it like hash.

3. Dayum. Thanks anyway dude.

4. scrape that shit out. dont smoke it straight though. mix it with something. if you roll your own cigarettes its good to roll a cig with res. but since res tastes nasty its smart to do 75% tobacco and 25% res. it'll give you a good buzz plus the nicotine satisfaction.

5. I've never had any problem with resin. I've been smoking for over two years, and keep my pieces religiously clean. I tend to scrape the bowl and downstem of my bong after about every 2 grams I smoke through it.

I have an unbent paperclip that I use for scraping, and you just gotta make one that fits your piece good, be careful and dont push super hard on the glass, but scrape as much as you can reach with it off of the walls, then just hold your pipe(bowl end) in your hand, and tap the mouth end on your palm, or use the paper clip to pull any big chunks through.

I either roll mine into a ball and stick it to the wall of the bowl to smoke, or use a screen and just set it in. The smoke will be harsher and taste worse than bud, but I've never had a problem with headaches from it, but I always have dank bud, and imho dank bud=decent resin.

edit: I smoke my resin straight most the time with no problems, but I smoke it through a bong. I also like to do "oreo" bowls, where you pack a little herb, then a ball of resin, then more herb on top, same with hash :D

the high isn't as good as bud, but it can still be good if you have enough, and it's decent resin.

6. i dont usually scrape my bowls, but wen they get rlly dirty i boil em in water for about 15 mins, using tongs to move it around nd shit
    once im happy with how it looks i take the piece out and let it dry, then i take the res filled water and strain out the res, let it dry, and smoke it
    last time i did it i got two bowls of res

7. the best way to soak and extract resin imho is to soak whatever has the resin on it in 90% iso alcohol, and let it evap, exactly like you would to make hash, but just soak your pipe or bowl in a baggie covered in the iso, shake it around every hour or so for about 3 hours, and let it sit overnight if possible, takes a little longer, but makes some really good resin. took my batch, which was pretty damn big(2 full bottles of iso) about a week to evap, but was worth it in the end

8. Don't listen to these guys, smoke a bowl pack of it. I got just as high as smoking a bowl pack of mids.. (smoking for a year)

You'll regret throwing it out when you're dry some day haha.

9. Save res for when you're dry and you will be ridiculously satisfied. But yea, just pack it in a bowl and smoke it. Its not that bad at all, as in harshness and whatnot, no worse than bud imo. To get it out of your piece, either scrape it out with like a paper clip or boil it in water for like 15-20 minutes and strain the res out of the water.

10. I dont like resin, i would just rather not smoke if all i got is resin, its gross and probbly not very good to smoke tar lol

11. scrape it.
    put it in the bowl.
    light it.

12. Thanks guys :)
    Gonna use a toothpick to scrape it, blaze before people get home. Do a bit of writing :smoking:
    PEACE!