Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How do I seal my mason jar??

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by zombiefuhrer, Jun 26, 2011.

1. I got 4 mason jars at Walmart yesterday and I don't know how to get the pop up part to stay un-popped, any suggestions??

2. If you're talking about the kind that has a two part lid (flat piece and a round piece to screw it on) then the pop up thing doesn't need to be un-popped just screw it on tightly it will seal enough.

3. ok. some pics would have been nice .... cause then i would have a better understanding of what you are seeking help for. mason jars i've gotten have a screw lid cap (which consist of a ring and the center part of the lid) but i am assuming you have a gasket type jar. without seeing pics i wouldn't be sure which way to point you.

4. You dont want to jar it like that...ur not messin wit jam. Just screw the lid on tight and your golden.

5. Just screw the lid down securely and the jar is air tight. If you have a food saver or something similar you can suck the air out for long term storage.

6. I realize now I was so high when I posted this like my ihpkne keyboard is 5D omggggg :smoke:

7. The only way it gets "un popped" is if you seal them with a pressure cooker or any other means of vacuum sealing jars.

Your stash will be fine. Just put your buds in and screw it on tight.

8. I find this is the best way to seal your mason jars.
    1. Get label paper.
    2. Put this on it.
    [​IMG]

9. that's not completely true..those ways work but you can heat the jar and put the lid on.. when it cools the lid will be "unpopped" ;)

10. lmfao

11. Damn I lolled

12. righty tightie, lefty loosie.