How do i resume light schedule after a screw up?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Cannabizoid, Nov 6, 2017.

1. Hey all, im in my 7th week of flower of a 9-10 week strain. Last nite i re-set the time on my timer because of the daylight savings time change and i left the setting on "on" instead of "auto" so the light stayed on an extra 6 hours until i caught it.. i shut it down as soon as i saw it at around 17-18 hours lights on.

I know shit happens and they arent gonna turn into hermies just from 1 screw up unless they are prone to it anyways, let alone it will take longer than two weeks to grow balls. they might stall for a day or two but thats fine...

My question is should i let them sleep all the way until the NEXT lights on about 30 hours dark or turn the lights on regular schedule and only give them 6-7 hours dark and resume schedule as normal?

To reduce stress getting them back on schedule if i can

Thank you!

2. Dont give them 7 hours of dark only, make sure they get at least 12 (technically you could flower 13/11). I would recommend giving them 12 hours of dark than flipping them on for the remainder of their regular schedule (so if you turn them on at 12 and normally they go off at 6, you would let shut them off at 6 and get back on schedule.

Why did you reset them in the first place, I know daylight savings but why adjust them? I flower from 8pm - 8 am from Spring and Summer and 7pm - 7am Fall and Winter, never have to touch the timers that way. I have F'd up my share of timers. I once had the pull up, push down type timer and 2 tabs in the middle of my on cycle were pushed in so I was like 5 on 1 off 6 on 12 off for maybe a week I don't even know but once I saw strange reveg I knew.

3. I was just changing the display time on the timer to match real time because of the time change and changed settings accidentally while i was doing it.