How do I properly make bat guano tea and give it to my flowering auto flower?

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by putinfanboy96, Aug 5, 2019.

1. I don't think there any YouTube videos or anything I can Google that can give me the best instructions of making and applying bat guano tea to the soil. There are absolutely no YouTube videos on making bat guano tea and depicting the person giving the guano tea to soil, I don't even know how many teaspoons or tablespoons of batguano per gallons of water in my 2 gallon bucket, I don't even know how much of the 2 gallons of the aerated bat guano (that I even put molasses in to feed the microbes) I am supposed to even give to the soil so I don't burn it or kill it. If someone can be a saint and help me with this situation I'm in I would greatly appreciate it.

Also note that even though my autoflower just grew it's first and only bud so far as the time I am writing this post, I want to wait till more buds pop up and grow the hairs so I'm sure it's already best in flowering mode to give the bat guano tea to it. 20190804_160727.jpg 1564949708020.jpg 20190804_161102_HDR.jpg 20190804_140035.jpg

Sent from my LM-V350 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  2. You’re probably already aware of the basic ways you can use bat guano fertilizer for your indoor gardening. Combine the fertilizer with water to apply, or mix it directly into your potting soil. But did you know that you can actually make a foamy mixture that brings to life all the beneficial microbes lying dormant in your bat guano? Aerated guano tea, or aerated compost tea, adds more than just nutrition to your soil and can help your plants to thrive. Here’s how to make it.

Step 1

Make sure you are starting with chlorine-free water. If you use tap water, it likely contains chlorine. That’s okay. Let it sit uncovered for 24 hours to let the chlorine evaporate out. Put about 5 gallons of this water in a plastic bucket large enough to prepare the mixture without spilling. You can also use a smaller amount if you’d like to make less aerated compost tea.

Step 2

Add the bat guano fertilizer and mix well. You can also prepare the aerated guano tea with a mixture of part guano, compost, and earthworm castings, or any combination of these. You will need about 1 cup total. Alternately, you can put the fertilizer mixture into a steeping bag made from a nylon stocking or a mesh bag rather than mixing it directly into the water. Tie off the top of the bag and hang it suspended in the water.

Step 3

Add ¼ cup of unsulphured molasses and mix it into the solution. The sugars in the molasses provide food for the beneficial bacteria in your guano tea.

Step 4

Insert an aquarium air pump into the bucket with an air stone. This set-up is what will aerate your compost tea. Allow the solution to steep and aerate for about 24 to 36 hours. You should see vigorous bubbles from the aeration. Stirring the solution several times throughout the day also further oxygenates and activates the beneficial bacteria, helping their numbers to grow. If your solution begins to stink, you have probably grown too many harmful bacteria rather than the beneficial kind that you want for your plants. Throw out the solution and start again in that case.

Step 5

If you will be administering the aerated guano tea through a sprayer, strain out any large debris in your finished solution. Apply the guano tea to your plants. You can use it as a foliage spray or a soil drench. The good bacteria in this solution will help to keep your plants healthy. Note that you should always use plastic containers to mix and apply aerated guano tea because some bacteria can interact poorly with metal. It is best to use the solution on the same day that it finishes steeping.

Because guano tea is easier to disperse than solid fertilizer, it can help your bat guano to go further. And a liquid mixture is safer to use indoors so that you are less likely to inhale substances from the guano that are irritating to your respiratory system.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Don’t get the guano on your clothes. It got a little dusty when I was making a mix and I guess the dust got on my shirt. Started smelling that familiar “manure” smell a couple hours later.

That shit stinks.