Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How do i NOT get munchies??

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by thomasman, Nov 4, 2008.

1. You all do the opposite of me, I wait till I smoke to eat, then it tastes better, I am not over eating, and after my high wears off im full till i smoke again!

/thread <3

2. First off, why do you not want the munchies? Are you gaining weight or something? While there isn't really a cure for the munchies, you can always eat healthy (it'll make you less tired!) or drink smoke water; water will help suppress your appetite a little.

3. I drink a big glass of cold water before I start to smoke, that way I feel full even when I'm not and it helps me combat the munchies. I also only keep healthy food in my house, so when I have the munchies and need to eat something, it's usually something like banana chips.

Try the cold water, before you smoke every bowl, it might help you!

ETA: I am on a strict diet that I put on myself, and having the restrictions of food I can and cannot eat helps me with the munchies as well. I understand not wanting to stuff your face, sometimes when you're high you get carried away, we all know how that is.

4. I'm also on a diet (lean protein, fruits, vegetables, the usual), and I'm following a strict exercise program as well. It honestly isn't too difficult for me to eat healthy while high.

5. Me neither. I haven't kicked in the exercise part yet, I will next week once I get through two weeks of this diet. I'm only eating raw food, like salad, and since I started it's REALLY easy for me to get through the munchies without eating. Especially since sometimes when you're high peeling an orange seems like so much work!

6. I think its a mind over matter type of deal. When your high & you start to eat i find it rly hard to stop till im a huge fat ass and not high any more then you want to smoke more to equal out. Dont get me wrong that is great time and a ton of fun with a group friends & if you do that all the time you will be a ton of fun yourself. Bubble gum is a great way to keep the beast at bay rly great if you work around food all day.

7. my advice is only suited for certain people. i used to eat everything when i was high years ago when i was a kid. i now eat, get high, and then crack open an ice cold man can of PBR. and then another .... and another .... u get the idea.

8. I don't get the munchies.

& if I do I just tell myself it will bring my high down. Switch to cigs and energy drinks :D LOL

9. Haha, that is funny. Thanks for the rep, about to return the favor!

10. Keep practicing smoking weed. Sooner or later you'll notice it's appetite stimulant effects to diminish or even vacate completely, as they have in my case. (Religious use 7+ years)

11. yup your right. but for me it only took smokin religiously for like a week at most when i started smokin everyday a while ago. and then when i had to stop smokin it took me a LONG time to gain a regular appetite because i wasnt hungry at all. ide say it took a week and a half or so for me to get to the point where i didnt have to actually force myself to eat.

12. I'm not really sure I'd personally want to suppress them, the increased appreciation of food is really enjoyablly (Friji's chocolate brownie milk is my drink of choice when stoned, OK, I know it's technically a drink), however I realise I shouold watch my weight more and have enough trouble saying no to snacks when I'm not high.

13. QFT :)

One time I ate straight peanut butter, and it was the best food I've ever tasted.

14. I don't get the munchies, :D I am one of the lucky few that don't get it. I also don't get

red eye or dialated pupils, everyones body reacts differently.

15. Motivation i use to not eat when i get the munchies, is that it will decrease your high A LOT if its like junk food, i eat something light usually it doesnt effect my high.
    Or brush your teeth right after smoking and you will most likly not have a good taste in your mouth so dont eat, just keep lots of fluids around while smoking.
    You could also chew a lot of gum if that works for you, Just say NO to the munchies. haha

16. completely agree, ive tried to convince myself i dont have the munchies before but got damn its impossible then its fuckin game over for me sometimes ill eat till i cant move than just fall asleep...damn i hate that lol :smoking:

17. I always chew gum and drink water when i smoke. It seems to help but i dont really get the munchies anymore unless i start eating when im high which happens alot cause ill see a food that looks good and want to eat it then i cant stop but i never just feel hungry if that makes sense.

18. My doctor said that my body reacts weird to cannabinoids - almost the complete opposite. No munchies, always amped up, never lazy, endless ambition. The human mind is a mystery sometimes.

19. I usually munch out if im just sitting around watching tv or movies or something, but if i'm doing something productive (going for a walk, cleaning, school work, etc.) then munchies never cross my mind.

20. Cool, Thanks for all the replies.

I actually don't really drink nor have anything to kkeep me busy while smoking.
    Water & Gum seems to be the popular choice among us all, so i'll start introducing it to my smoke sessions.

Thanks =]
    :wave: