how do i MAXIMIZE my space?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by thelaffingman, Jul 8, 2011.

1. hey guys, i've got a 4x8 grow tent that's 6.5 feet tall. i'm just wondering what you guys think would be the best way to get the most out of this space. im running a 6 inch vortex for intake and another 6 inch vortex for outtake. two 1000w air cooled lights.

2. That's basically my set up. What size plants you working with?

3. right now i have a 3x8 hydro tray in theyre and am doing 24 plants in 1.5 gal pots. all organic. i pretty much just use the tray to drain into a bucket when i water

4. try scrog? 24 plants might be a lot but if you havent had them vegging for too long you could still put up a badass screen over all of them

5. Sorry, I'm a soil guy. Not sure how much space you'll need for hydro equip

6. If your exhausting with a 6in. Vortex. Good luck unless your ambient room temp dosent ever get above like 75.

Also u want to have more exhaust than intake.. If u do decide to exhaust with a 6in. Fan, even using a 4 in. Fan would be more than enough intake

7. sorry for sounding misleading: I am doing soil. I am just using the tray to catch all the drainage. I vegged for two weeks and the plants were between 17-22 inches tall they all have between 3-7 cola's. my temp is about 82 in day time. I know this is a little too warm, I'm currently saving for a bigger intake. what should i go for, 8, 10, or 12 inch?

8. but do you guys think i should do less plants in bigger pots, would i get more? last run o only did ten plants in 1.5 gallon with 1 light and got a little more than an ounce per plant, and they finished at about 22 inches all around.

9. If bump up to 5 gallon pots.

10. I have a 350 cfm inline fan that starts at one end of my lights and goes thru the rest then connects to my outtake line