How Do I make my plant grow more potent bud?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by TurtleThatCould, Jan 14, 2012.

1. I have them LSTing and I water them about every other day. Soon I will start budding. How do I make these get highly potent?

2. There are so many different variables in a grow that your best way is to keep growing the same strain until you can master it and determine what the plant wants and give it to it. There is no miracle product or item to give you highly potent bud, if there was someone would be rolling in piles of money right now.

Basically, you need as much light as you can manage in your space and get the nutrient feeding schedule down, as well as experimenting with the amount you feed it etc.

3. Generally speaking, everything affects potency; anything that affects growth in any way. The areas most important to potency are lighting, strain & food. The strain type dictates how potent the plants can possibly get. The light quality & intensity determines how much of this maximum potency the plants will "try" to achieve. Finally, the food amount & quality determines how successful that "try" ends up being.

Think of the crystals as genetic sunblock.

4. If you know the seeds came from a crappy plant do not even attempt to grow it. Not to insult, dont get me wrong. There is nothing you can do to make the plant better then what it was except for maybe look. Everything does factor in but it all boils down to genetics.

5. The seeds came from high mids and they seem ok I used the dark brown ones only. But should I mix the molasses in water or just straight molasses?

6. One word Practice. Use your first grow to get it right then everything else will fall into place as you do it more. Also feel free to take advantage of the wealth of information on the interweb :p

7. Just fyi, I see a lot of molasses talk on here, and nothing is specific..well it needs to be if said. Just thought I should add, the molasses you use (if you choose to do so) must be un-sulfured..it should be added around the beginning of flower, if you want you could add it two weeks before you decided to flower.

If you'll be using it in veg, you need to get you nutes ready as usual and add/mix 1 tbls to the water/nute mix, and there ya go. When you're in flowering you can add 2 tbls to your nutes/water. If you want you can feed your plant molasses during waterings, and feedings. I recommend just using it when you feed with nutes, and just keep the water plain, just clean properly ph'd water.

I'm high, so I hope that made sense. :hide:

8. THC levels of a plant are determined by genetics. There is a preset level that whatever your planting has and you can't increase it beyond that. Shitty grows can lower it though.

9. The main thing you can do is not harvest them early. Let the fuckers keep growing till they're coated in frost.

Check this out.

Zeus's Take on Harvesting

10. Thank you everyone this is all so helpful. Honestly! :)

11. Thank you for this man. Helps alot. :smoke: