Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How do I make my own vape fluid

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by williamsmark, Oct 12, 2018.

1. I know this seems like it should be in the vape section, but my reasoning for putting it here is that this subforum is much more knowledgeable with creating tinctures/oils/etc. I'm curious as to how to make a fluid that can be used in a refillable vape. I'm fully aware of the decarb process / oil infusion process / GD tincture process, but what I do not know is which mediums to use to create a vape fluid and which methodologies I should implement to do so. I believe vape fluid is basically just vegetable glycerine, but I could certainly be wrong. Should I infuse veg glyc directly, like creating a cannaoil? Should I be creating an alcohol tincture and do a transfer to glycerin? Any and all help would be appreciated.

2. I think this should work

Apparently this is a faster method though

3. I have heard the terpene mixtures by Connoisseur Concentrates work well.

4. Hmmm. I kind of, for some reason, thought glycerine was another form of oil. So I guess standard cannaoil techniques won't work (ie 240* 40min decarb, add oil 220* 20 min, freeze, then 220* 20min again).

I don't have the patience for the long method, and the "fast" method seems to be a pain in the butt. Are there solvent transfer methods that can be done? For example can a GD tincture be transferred to glycerin? If not I think the easiest solution would be to use a sous vide and follow a modification of the second technique. I think I'd rather decarb first and then sous vide at 180*. It just seems easier. But another (better?) method, maybe follow their second technique and sous vide at 180 in three rounds (like in the video), then do a "final decarb" in an accurate oven at 220 for 30 minutes like specified. Anyone have any input? @PsychedelicSam / @BrassNwood you two geniuses specifically?

Couple additional questions:
    1) What's a standard or low dose concentration of THC/mL for vape juice?
    2) When calculating my final concentration, what kind of percentage loss should I expect to have from original flower THC percentage?

5. Any comparisons to True Terpenes?

6. My attempts at making infused Vape juice are around my main thread someplace but I don't have them bookmarked. Argggggg
    VG PG PEG were all used but the best results were Hash-190 proof tincture 1 gram to 1/2 ounce of alcohol and dripped in an open coil RDA.
    The infused VG-PG clogs the ports on standard atomizers really fast and the cost for new atomizers was a deal breaker.
    BNW