Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How do I know when Im high?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by WeedToke, Aug 12, 2013.

1. I smoked for the first time yesterday. I took 2 weak hits off a blunt an then took a good amount off it's out of a bowl. I didn't really feel high. I just felt a lil tipsy. What's going on?

2. did you inhale?

3. Yeah. I breathed in until I couldn't anymore. And sometime I'd breath in air after the smoke to help it down

4. some people dont get high their first time.

that wasnt the case with me, but I've heard it of others. Just try again.

5. Try 2-3 more times, ive heard it taking people 5 sessions to really feel it.
    Yesterday was my 4th session, it was the first time I got high as fucking fuck.
    Stay with it ;)

6. Oh, you'll know...

7. It took me about 2 or 3 sessions to start feeling it. After the first session that I did start to feel high, the next one I got super fucking blazed. It was awesome. I guess it was my marijuana cherry popping lmao.

8. Uggghh dude did you cough. You should cough a lung and be blazed man. Especially if you havent smoked anything else 

9. Two easily solutions to your problem #1 smoke more #2 get better quality bud

10. Thanks for the tips. I might be smoking tomorrow. Any other tips?

11. #12 budBaas, Aug 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2013
    When you feel the bullshit of the world wash away...
    No but seriously, you should feel as if you have HD vision, at least that's one of the first signs for me. Toke on:D

Sent from my SGH-T839 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. #13 ISnuff, Aug 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2013
    Gave you a like for busting your green cherry lol.  Would've been a +rep if the rep system was still around.  But anyway, you'll know when your high OP, especially when you first start.  You can't keep a cheesy smile off of your face.  Your eyes will be red and squinted worse than Asians.  Colors will seem brighter, food will taste better, and EVERYTHING will be funnier and more interesting.  You'll laugh a hell of a lot.  Also, when I first started I remember feeling like an electric jolt would go from my feet, up my legs, and through my arms; causing me to twitch.  I also remember when I would close my eyes while sitting or lying down, it would feel like the room was spinning.  Personally I loved these effects, but they went away after a couple of months smoking never to return.

Honestly though OP, you probably just didn't inhale right.  For a blunt or a joint, inhale it first like you would drinking out of a straw.  This pulls the smoke into your mouth.  After this, pull the roll away from your mouth and take a quick gasp of an inhale, pulling said smoke into your lungs.  Then hold it in for 5-10 seconds.  For a bowl, it is similar.  Hold the carb while you begin to "straw inhale."  Instead of pulling the bowl away for your gasp though, simply let go of the carb and gasp with the bowl still to your mouth.  This pulls both the smoke in your mouth and what's left in the bowl into your lungs.  Hope this helped you out OP and be kind to Mary Jane.  She's my favorite hooker to this day lol.

13. The first 3 times I smoked, I did not get high. The 4th time I smoked it hit me like a cannon blast.

14. 3 seconds* dont hold nothing in for no more than 5 seconds though its just retarded. When you're high you wont miss it and it'll be one of the greatest experiences ever. just make sure to be stoned by smoking a lot!

15. Eh, you're right it won't effect it that much.  I said 5-10 because of something a guy said on another drug forum I used to be a part of, and he always seemed well educated with his information.  He said it took around 8 seconds for the max amount of cannabinoids from the smoke to be absorbed by the lungs.  I don't remember any sources, but as I said, he seemed to usually know what he was talking about.  I usually use it as a reference for new stoners.

16. When you're high, you're going to get this promature idea in your head that you can do anything. Try to refrain from putting a shotgun in your mouth.

17. That sounds a little more like some unmentionables, 2 in particular, than weed.  Your gonna scare the OP lol.

18. Vouch, didn't get high the first time.

19. Didn't get high the first time.  But you'll know it's a different world, like everything is different..  Hard to explain lol.