Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How do I know if it's smokers cough?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by The3rdNipple, Apr 24, 2011.

1. I've started smoking near october of last year and I'm on and off. I usually wait weeks to months before I smoke. But lately (last 2 or 3 months) I've been doing it quite a lot, well actually a few times a week (which is a lot to me). And now that I'm on spring break, I've been doing it almost everyday and now I'm starting to cough every now and then.

I was sick a few days ago with a sore throat and now I'm coughing and I'm not sure if it's a smokers cough. It's only been a few days so I'm not quite sure.

2. I doubt it its most likely due to your cold.

3. You have definitely not been smoking long enough to develop smoker's cough.

4. I would recommend a bubbler or vaporizer if the sore throat is bothering you.

5. You know its smokers cough when.. you have smoked for a LONG time. And really depends what you smoke as well. For myself, 15 years of weed and tobacco mixed means I will indefinately choke if I take too big of a hit. You my friend do not have smokers cough, but what you might have is bad quality meds.

And ya, when Im sick, hell I cant even take a mini hit without coughing a lung. So I just stay away till I feel better. That goes for cigs too. Good idea on a vape Dreams, that might just be what you need. Not everyone has the same capacity. I tell a lot of patients dont be overzealous. It will hurt in the end :wave:

6. weed is probably helping with your cold. it is an expectorant that helps clear lungs of phlegm and unwanted goop

7. Ever since i started smoking, i've never had a cold, stomach virus, or any ailment for more than a day. If you eat heathy weed is like super medicine

8. I second this. It also dries your nasal passages.

9. Nah, it'll take a few years of strong usage to develop a cough.

Regarding your cold: If your nose is all stuffy, take a bong rip and exhale through it. Repeat a few times if its that bad, then go try to blow your nose. It works, I swear.

10. this is like thinking your liver will give out after a shot of whiskey lol.. man up ;)

11. I've got a smoker's cough and it sucks but yeah, I enjoy smoking too much to quit.
    A smoker's cough is really deep and mostly comes with a lot of slime, yeah it's not pretty.