Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How do i know if a peice is safe

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Pipesmith, May 3, 2010.

1. i have 2 homemade peices a metal bong slide and bowl and a homemade one hitter pipe for a homemade ciggarette box dugout system i will tell you how i made it

Bong slide

i took the metal middle peice a zebra pen took the metal tip from the pen kinda like the way use make a onehitter and used a hammer to push it in harder doing this made a lip then i took a socket put in a screen turn it upside down and walah BONG SLIDE

One hitter dugout pipe

I took the metal middle part from a zebra pen again and i bent the tip and took a small socket and taped it to the part thats bent up

btw the screen i used was an actual pipe screen not an earbud screen the bong slide im not to worried about the bong slide because thats 100% metal but the pipe has a bit of duct tape on it

2. Save up thirty bucks and buy some handblown American made glass.

3. why do people have to be like that if i want to smoke out of a metal pipe i will piss of and dont tell me to get glass besides i am doing that i just need to wait until i can save up enough money to get one because my old one got repoed

4. Just saying homemade garbage ususally isn't safe to smoke out of. The best thing you can do is just skip getting a sack one week and go buy a piece. That's why everyone keeps saying it. You can't ignore the truth man. Just take it easy and relax a bit.

EDIT: try adding some pictures or something I have a hard time following your descriptions anyhow.

5. how does a glass pipe get repoed?

6. Doesn't surprise me that you have neg rep lol.

The dude is trying to help you out, be thankful he's even doing that much...

7. repoed as in repossesed like what happens what you get caught

8. Punctuation....use it.

9. oh i see haha i just pictured the repo kinda dudes that take cars like dogg or wat ev

10. the reason why i have neg rep is because i posted in the wrong forum while i was high

and because some people can take a joke or this rep system seriously it is meant to reward usefull people and punish rule breakers not to say you dont like so and sos persons post

11. I wouldn't smoke anything out of that. You're worried about it too or you wouldn't have posted the question. Like Benthamj49 said, buy a cheap glass pipe when you can afford it and until then smoke joints.

12. Seriously dude? Don't mess around with shit like that, get yourself a Sobe drink in one of the glass bottles from any grocery store. Drink it, make a hole in the imperfection at the bottom of the bottle, make a small hole in the cap, get yourself a socket, the kind you use with a socket wrench, cover the socket with aluminum foil, poke some holes in the aluminum foil where the hole in the socket is, then connect the socket to the cap by a method of your choice. The when you want to smoke, pack the socket cap, which is now your bowl. Then cover the hole on the bottom with your finger, and fill the Sobe bottle with water. Screw the cap back on. Then fire up your lighter and put it to the bowl and let go of the hole at the bottom of the bottle. It'll suck the smoke into the bottle for you. Once all the water is out, unscrew the cap and inhale that sweet smoke.

If this isn't clear enough, go to Youtube and search Sobe Bong.

13. If it's clean and has a bowl(and downstem) that is all glass.

You fan buy a cheap glass downstem with slide and use it to make your own pieces.

14. theres a stick on every piece that says: This piece is safe

15. I wouldnt use metal just because how do you know that part of that metal wasnt stamped out in China and is full of mercury or lead?

Glass is pretty universally safe, and you can get decent glass pretty cheap. My little blue bubbler only cost me 15 bucks at a hemp festival a few years back.

16. One important thing, never smoke from brass, copper, or lead. They are all extremely toxic