How do i keep worms out of my compost?

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Deleted member 892550, Jun 2, 2016.

1. Made my first compost bin about 6 months ago. I noticed there were earthworms in there before, and just hoped they would leave on their own. But they didnt, theyre still there. Any tips/suggestions on removing worms other than by hand?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Why would you want to remove them?

• Like Like x 4
  3. #3 missinglighter, Jun 2, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2016
    removing quoted deleted post above.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Worms are great and are drawn to the compost. They won't leave because it's what they love. Just scoop it up and don't worry about it.

If you have any more questions and are nervous to post, come to my grow journal in Indoor Grow Journals called Plan your Work; Work your plan.

A lot of people have no experience with farming, gardening or even house plants. Not everyone has an idea about how gardening works or what is to be expected and they may ask questions that you think is something they should already know.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  5. lol imo Waktoo is correct these are the times in which we live

OP's been with Gc for a year and is in serious need of organic education

on here for a year and still knows Fuck-all about organics its not our fault

but I will point him in the right direction

english samples only

Teaming With Microbes.pdf

Teaming with Nutrients.pdf

• Like Like x 3
  6. Well maybe @Chunk can take care of this.

7. earthworms only make compost better they are called composers for a reason

• Like Like x 1
  8. I heard if you play some disco they will dance out of it

• Like Like x 3
  9. Disco? They gonna run!!

dilligaf

• Like Like x 1
  10. You're right @waktoo because this is acceptable behavior here. My journal is good and I give good advice most of the time. I look for people who are having a hard time understanding stuff and are not being welcomed here. I offer them a safe place to learn. I had similar experiences and it sucked. I don't want someone to just give up because of drunks who are mean. Obviously that is looked down upon. I don't let it get me discouraged and I'm stubborn. But fuck me right?

• Like Like x 3
  11. Learn more on these forums from clicking than typing.

Click more, type less. Unless it's the search bar, lol. Not many folk here like spoonfeeding the info on here I've noticed from the start. Overgrow was the same.

Certainly hope this is a joke, otherwise...
    Good luck deworming.

• Like Like x 2
  12. With all due respect, I think the OP was kidding. Im so new the price tags are still on my light and tent so to speak. If he isn't then he should read more. Im betting on the former.
    I still ask questions that people find silly but I do use the search function. And if I don't find a good answer here I use the bastard google search. I trust the advice I get here more than other places. And thanks for your help with my questions.

13. I was nice to you and answered your question about dog poop. You're welcome. People should just ignore it if that's what they think. No point to stoop to their level. Guess I am stupid for thinking people could possible lack common sense. I will try harder to tell them to go kill themselves from now on.

14. I know and recognize you did provide good info on the poop question. I do thank you. The world is full of people who lack common sense on some things yet are razor sharp on other things. Its the way of the world.

15. Wow, u guys sure know how to make a fella feel right at home....
    I plan on making a "worm bin" for worms in the near future. Right now, im trying to make fungally dominated compost in my "compost bin", not vermicompost. As far as i know, worms create vermicompost. Can vermicompost be fungally dominated? Or am i missing something else?

16. Have you looked at leaf mold? It's fungal dominated. You will probably find worms in it too but since it's entirely leaves so it's still what you're looking for. It's found on forest floors which are fungal dominant. It's a very simple guaranteed way to achieve that.

• Like Like x 1
  17. So i should just turn my compost bin into a worm bin, and start making leaf mold in place of fungal dominated compost like i was trying? I guess i just figured there would be more diversity in compost.
    Thanks for trying to help yo, i appreciate ur patience

• Like Like x 1
  18. No. Vermicompost and ewc are different than compost but just because worms get in your compost doesn't make it not compost anymore.

I think that making bacterial or fungal dominant compost isn't needed. I have a long response to this but I should really get to sleep. If you want to read the first page of my journal, there's a super long post and at the end it talks about fungal dominance and forest floors. Certain vegetation like shrubs and trees like that type of dominant soil but cannabis prefers something more alkaline than forest floors like a grassland.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Honestly i dont think it matter either way. Its all going to balance itself out according to what plants will grow in the specific soil you prepare. As for the difference between compost and VC or EWC its splitting hairs really, at least for our purposes and especially if you already have worms in the soil you grow in, like shades of gray.

Did you have a specific reason to want fungal dominated compost?

• Like Like x 2