how do i keep catapillers away?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by up in smoke, Aug 2, 2006.

1. ok so i noticed a tiny thin green catipiler munching small holes on my leaves and how do i get the cocksuckers away?

2. haha i'm getting the same thing from those buggers!
    anyone know a way without using anything that will damage the plant or isn't environmentally friendly?
    Joe

3. hey man i found this VERY informative article about these types of things

http://www.marijuanahydro.com/marijuanapreditors.html

hope this helps:D

4. capatillas! use some hot pepper spray..... also

Cutworms, Caterpillars and Larvae
    Insects that are in their early stages of development are problem pests because they are insatiable and will eat anything green that they can get their tiny mouths around.Their appetite is surreal when you actually discover how much a caterpillar can consume in a single day. One caterpillar can reduce an ounce cola to stem and stalk in less than four days. These pests pose a huge threat to your crop and must be stopped right away. Caterpillars especially like to eat young seedlings and new growth. They are also known to leave holes in leaf but other pests can do this too.

The only sure way to get rid of cutworms, caterpillar and larvae is to use a cutworm, caterpillar or larvae repellent. Usually the same product will affect all three pests. Cutworms can also be hand picked from your grow. At night they sleep in a XC' shape in the soil or under the cover of something else like a piece of wood.