How do i grow side brances???

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by timetrial, May 1, 2006.

1. I have a few plants on the go about 3 weeks into veggin'. They're pretty small still but the biggest now has two 5 prong leaves. Every plant only has the one main stem with leaf sets coming off of it. I know that i want a large bushy plant so my question is how or when can i get some side branches? I have them under some cfl's and a couple of cool white 4ft flouros. I will be getting a 250 watt hps soon as well. What, if anything, can i do to get these branches.-keep in mind it is only a few inches tall with maybe 3 nodes.

2. get your floros as close as possible and read up on fimming

3. also, try to lst it. may be too big now, but if you bend down the stem side branches will all pop up reaching for the light...

4. also, you can prune the larger top leaves to allow more sun to reach the bottom of plants..

5. i doubt it is too big. if anything it is too small. It is only about 2-3 inches tall with maybe 3 leaf sets. Is this too early to start lst'ing?

6. I'm no LST grower but I'm a chop-it-off kinda grower. (fimming/topping)

In any case, there is no reason to manipulate the plant in any way if it's so small.
    If it doesn't have any serious leaves yet, then the plant cannot cast shadows onto itself.
    So whatever you do to it now, will not make any positive difference.
    It could only introduce risks.