How do I go about this without being a dick?

Discussion in 'General' started by RobRoyy, Mar 29, 2012.

1. Alright blades, I am a university student with a pretty challenging work load. In one of my classes I have somewhat made friends with this guy who sits next to me, as in we joke together and make sarcastic remarks.. etc. We somehow got each other's phone number but never hang out outside the classroom. He seems like a chill guy.
    Here is the problem,
    He ALWAYS (daily) gets up and leaves the 1 hour long lecture for up to 30 minutes at a time, and misses crucial information to success. Later that night I will usually get a phone call from him asking for help on the homework (which I have responsibly done) , and I ignore it because I know he is going to ask for help in the class, and the last thing I want to do is re-explain the material, not just out of laziness, but its damn hard for me to grasp!

So how do I politely tell a chill guy, that I wont help him if he doesnt come to class and stay in class?

2. maybe you should take him on a date and explain it to him so when he get's mad, you can lean over and give him a peck on the cheek and tell him everything is gonna be ok.

3. I don't think there is anything NOT nice about telling the guy to take responsibility for his education.
    Maybe a sarcastic remark like, "Dude, maybe if you stayed in class, you could figure this shit out for yourself," will suffice?

4. be honest OP, do you like him? Or do you like him-like him?

5. This definitely sounds annoying, but the best way to retain information is to teach it to someone else-it forces your brain to integrate it into a working context that is explainable to another person....Soooooo in a sense he is helping you. I bet your grades will be better for it.

But in reality tell him to wait till after class for his mid-day spank session.

6. dude, just be straight with him! that shit is annoying and he should know that.

7. Just say no, then suck on his balls.

8. [​IMG]

..because I want to fit in..