how do i go about getting a pet dolphin?

Discussion in 'General' started by xtiffany, Jul 31, 2011.

1. THIS! +rep good sir

2. #22 duhganjaplanta, Aug 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2011

well what about small tropical fish like yellow tangs or clowns who would be hiding in a small part of a reef anyway?

edit:and what about jelly fish they dont even have a brian
    and corals and anemones for that matter. they are stationary.

3. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EifnM3pRLdQ]‪FLIPPER THEME‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

4. there are plenty of awesome tropical fish you can purchase that were bred in captivity. i doubt it's even legal to own a dolphin and unless you have a huge saltwater pool it would enjoy itself in, why would you even want one?

5. This is great. Dolphins are cool.

6. Let the dolphins stay in the ocean where they belong.

They are social animals that like being in groups, or pods what I think they call them, you get one and it'll probably die because it'll miss it's family.

Don't kill Flipper!

7. Fish are fine as pets they have no memory along as they have room to swim and hiding spots they're happy and you can keep a Octo but they need a very tight lid and most only have a lifespan of a year

8. the cove is about the illegal dolphin hunting in japan, not keeping them in captivity. the scare them into the cove if thats what you mean.

warning: you will get pissed off if you watch this movie

9. Also most coral and anenomes are captive but I disagree on the jellys they need custom tanks that run $400 for a 9 gallon and don't do much

10. they have been known to commit suicide in captivity. dolphins and elephants make me wonder if we should be treating animals the way we do.

11. This thread is totally ridiculous. People just need to leave these animals alone already.

12. #32 duhganjaplanta, Aug 1, 2011

im saying i think it would be more ethical to keep jellyfish rather than a dolphin in captivity.

and to the guy wanting and octopus, invest in jelly fish cause they are gonna be the new thing and are the level above a regular saltwater tank. and they look cool as fuck in thier aquarium and special lighting. hobbist are gonna be paying large amounts of money for jellyfish.

and octopi are intelligent so its almost like keepin a dolphin

13. #33 reefera, Aug 1, 2011

No we shouldn't be treating them horribly and acting like they don't have feelings too. Hell a dog and cat have feelings.

I agree with you too Tiny.

14. what?

15. #35 jcofillinois, Aug 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    he was referring to Tiny361.

Edit: 631, my bad.

16. First sentence was in agreement with you. My ex-husband used to always tell me animals commit suicide too. I kinda half believed him at the time then wondered why some of these animals like whales sometimes seem to beach themselves for no clear reason. On those animals in the wild shows they've proven elephants grieve those who've died by forming a procession and touching the deceased carcass before they move on.

Second sentence was in response to Tiny.

17. Dolphins have been known to use there tails as feet and walk on land in a life or death situation. Crazy shit