How do i get things people say or react to me not bother me as much?

Discussion in 'General' started by Cplus, Apr 2, 2018.

1. If someone says something mean to me I get emotional it could even be their tone of voice when they say something. Three hours ago I said hi to my neighbor who was walking to his backyard and he ignored me (I do know for a fact he ignored me because we literally passed by each other and looked at each other) and for the past three hours I've been obsessing over it and I know it's gonna bother me all day and probably tomorrow too.

This has always been my problem and why I don't go out much. I'm always worried about what people say or react and then I obsess over it. Even things that happened years ago still bother me.

How do I just not worry about it?

2. well...why is it bothering that he ignored you? you guys even friends?

3. Don't think about it. Does it actually matter? It's either just someones opinion or something they say due to motive (wanting to piss you off, even if they don't actually mean it). Listen to some music and think about positive stuff. Be happy that you get to live a pretty awesome live compared to people that are starving, forced into sex slavery, live in war torn countries, etc.

It's kind of hard to express in words but over time you can adapt a mentality of just not really caring. So what if someone is a dick, I'm still alive and my happiness is my choice based on my actions and one of those actions needs to be not stressing the little shit that only matters if you allow it to. It's all in your head.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. Mind over matter.
    If they mind, it don't matter.

:smoke:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Just say fuck em.

Every man in the u.s. has the right to pursue Happiness, no matter what it may be if something isn't making you happy, avoid it or them.

6. #6 generic98547, Apr 3, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2018
    It takes time man... Trust me when I was younger if someone even yelled at me I'd get so mad I'd cry... I'd be crying because I'd be so pissed for not doing anything about it ect... But eventually something clicks and you learn not to take that shit. I don't care if it's a boss disrespecting me I'll cuss his ass out and put him in his place without flinching full ready to square up. Can't show emotions can't show fear... Or the world will never stop fucking you... Don't be nice don't give handouts to people who want to use you or aren't close family. Mostfriends" nowadays will leave you to die or rat on you to save themselves. When I was a kid I wished so hard for my unstable emotions to be controlled and now well I got my wish but at the cost of being a complete asshole. Well I can be... Depends how said individual treats me. I can be the nicest person thatll go out of my way to drive you a thousand miles somewhere out of my way entirely. I can also be that asshole that will cut you off and slam my break and confront you if you break check me lmao.

I also think about embarrassing moments from the past as do many others... All I can say is what I tell myself... Nobody but you remembers that shit... On the off chance someone else does remember it they probably don't know you don't remember what you looked like and will probably never see you again. Do you remember what the last person that tripped up and embarrassed themselves infront of you looked like? What about their name? You think you'll ever see them again? Now with family it can be different but family is family you just filter that shit out. I promise eventually when you get enough of it sometime in you will click and you will realize it doesn't matter... You get such a short amount of time that you can not waste so much time wondering about things you could do that will embarrass you. If you are luck you may get 80 years as you on this Earth that's not shit... At 25 you'll be over 30% finished with your life. Fuck what anyone else thinks and fuck being scared they are humans just like you... You are the only person that's bothering you. You are the one that decides if others get to you or not. If someone tells at you you damn well raise your voice back and remind them who they are fucking talking to... (A grown ass adult same as them.)

7. The older you get the more you realize that you have no control over what ppl think so you start not caring. Your neighbour sounds like a dick. Because not only did he ignore you, but he never made an effort to say hi to you. Next time you see him yell “Hello!” And be cheerful as shit. Also, you sure your neighbour isn’t hard of hearing? Lol could be he is a really nice guy but can’t hear lol regardless if he is a dick or a deaf guy don’t care what he thinks lol

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  8. Not easy that's for damn sure. I don't care as much what people think of me but it comes up now and again. Just give it time.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. What reason would your neighbor have to ignore you? Unless there's some history between you, you may be imagining this. Perhaps he didn't hear you or he answered and you didn't hear him. Just assume that was the case and forget it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. See it as ...Not everybody can be as nice as you

everybody has problems maybe the last person like you said Hi..!

took all his money..love..even sleep...lol

but if you got balls you can always shout

"Just Joking.."

11. I say hi to people in passing and they don't reply, especially at work. And that's fine. People can be rude, having a bad day, or maybe has something heavy on their mind. Try not to sweat it cuz it probably isn't anything you did.

• Agree Agree x 1