How do i get seeds from a plant...

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Homergrower, Mar 26, 2007.

1. I've got a pretty good idea how all this works now except one thing...

If i've got a plant that is a good strain, it's been growing well and in full bud now. How would i obtain seeds of this strain. WOuld i have to find a male to fertilise it. Hows that particular process work. Like how do all these seed banks get their seeds??????

Thanks for any responses.

2. Think its too late for you this time around man.. take any clones?

Yeah, u gotta get a male too. Im pretty sure the seeds banks get their seeds just like anyone else... inside nuggets.

3. I thought it was too late,

So, are the seed banks growing males especially for seeds ?
    becasue i've bought bud before that had seeds through it.
    is this male bud ??? how does that work ?

4. Nah... only the female plant gives off buds.

The male plant pollenates the female plant, making the seeds. ((just like in science class way back when))

if there are no males around the females, the buds will have no seeds, its called sensimilla by a lot of older folks.

5. So if i buy a bag of bud, and it's go seeds in the bud, it's male bud.... who the fuck sells male bud.

6. What?

First thing i said. "Nah... only the female plant gives off buds"

There is no male bud... males produce lil flower fucking things. Males are peices of shits.

7. Well how is it that you can get buds with seeds in them ??????????

8. The male pollinates the female plant and it produces seeds.

9. Damn homegrower I swear you knew this knowing how many times you helped me out but here it is.

In ever bag of smoke(mids) there are seeds and in every seed there is a male and female chomosome.So in order to get seeds from a female marijuana plant you need to pollinate it with a male. I hear of growers saving male pollen for future grows and only pollinating one branch so the rest of the plant can be sinsemelia(seedless).

Hope this helps (growers note: every seeds has a 50% chance of being a male or female)

10. dude..if a female is pollinated by a male....she makes seeds...no male..no seeds.
    bud+seeds=pollinated female
    NOT MALE PLANT

11. dude, i have no fuckin clue lol. The males pollenate the females... fuckin seeds form in the buds. Hmmm... lol i dunno.

12. Thanks, thats what i wanted.
    and did i help you out, hope it helped.
    Ta !

13. Dont sweat it Bro just trying to give back to the community,was even gonna search GC for the single branch pollination method.But due to my dialup connection and bowl of high mids I'm unable to pull off such a delicate manuever.:D

14. so, lmao, are we not bringing up, "hermies", lol. peace