How Do I Get Rid Of Fungus Gnats ?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by jayjaymozza, Jul 13, 2014.

1. Ive just found out I have fungas gnats what's the best way to get rid of them (quick, cheap, & safe) ... ive had them for about 2 weeks now and never give any thought to the little flies until today I searched it up.

Thanks in advance
    Jay

2. yellow sticky traps and a strong breeze at the soil line (assuming you're growing in soil)

3. If you are in soil, you can cover the top of the soil with perlite it works great. A fan blowing across the top of the soil works well also, the knats lay thier eggs in the moist soil so letting it dry out is the key.

4. Fungus gnats (families Mycetophilidae and Sciaridae) are a
    common pest of plants grown indoors, especially where humidity and moisture are
    high. They’re usually first noticed when the harmless adults are seen flying
    around house plants or gathered at a nearby window.
    The 5 effective methods should be applied to control fungus gnats.
    1. Make sure that your door screens and windows always work properly.
    2. Allow for the upper part of the soil to dry in between watering periods.
    3. Your pots should have the necessary irrigation system, while the container under the pot needs to be cleared of any stagnant water.
    4. Remove all fallen leaves and trash around your plants, since these insects feed on the greens that are at the stage of decomposition.
    5. Purchase fly traps traditional adhesive that you can put near the infected plants.

5. I bought nematodes and added them to the soil. My gnats disapeared. I didn't know they would help with them.

Sent from my K00C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  6. Apple cider vinegar traps. DIY or store bought look in to it

7. Here ya go what I use to prevent and get rid [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-N920T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2