Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How do I get resin?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by ryanmetal, Mar 31, 2009.

1. So today I smoked the last of my bud with this one kid I've known for a while, cause I was being nice...now I feel stupid cause I was gonna take Wednesday off and I could have had a little bit of bud left, but nope, and I dunno if I can get some by then, so I was wondering if I could get some resin out of my spoon. Hopefully enough to get me high too.

So, my question, how do I get resin from my pipe? any tutorials or good visual tips would be great :hello:

2. just light the bowl slowly and suck in. you can also light the carb aswell

3. cool. anyone else??

4. I usually put a flame to my bowl until i hear it bubbling, then scrape it with a paperclip

5. Scrape the bowl with a knife pushing all the res together then smoke it.

6. What kinda piece are we talking about here?

Glass pipe, take a paper clip, and bend it till it is straight, insert into carb hole, and mouth piece, scraping the resin gently off. Don't get to crazy on it if its glass, don't force your tool your using to scrape with too much pressure so you'll break it. Just enough to take the resin off.

Metal pipes you can just take a skinny enough blade that will fit into the pipe, and a knife you dont care about using for anything other than scraping again.

should kinda roll up into globs on the end of the paper clip if its wet, if its all dry the hold a paper plate, or get an altoids tin to collect it all into.

Also, something I will do sometimes, if I get a good amount of pot, if its low grade or mid, I'll stick a small nub into the middle chamber of my metal pipe, smoke rest of my sac through it. Then, come scraping time, I got this nug of weed covered in resin ready to pull out of my pipe for smoking. I wouldn't waste dank weed on this though, maybe if I bought a 1/4 or more.

If your really desperate, this is REALLY desperate. If you've smoked a good amount of ganja through your favorite bong, and dont change the water out too often, you can strain that. Depending on how clean/dirty your bong is, you can pull out some of the worst resin possible. :D Just take a coffee filter, set it part way inside of a gatorade bottle, use a rubber band to secure the filter to the bottle, with part of the filter hanging over the edge, and the main of it inside. Keep moving your water around to get all them little chunks outa there, then you can either, Place said resin in front of a heater to dry out, or I've heard you can just throw it in a pan on the burner, and scrape up the film you get after boiling it down on low, haven't tried it though. Place inside of a piece of newspaper, keep it pretty confined. And wrap it up just by folding the newspaper over it. Then step on the piece of resin/paper to suck up all the water. Newspaper doesn't always dry it out well, probably the best, and only way to smoke bong water resin without killing your self is through a bong again lol.

And, smoking the resin right in the pipe is horrible, take it out, and then smoke it. Don't ever do this unless you want your piece to never clean again. It just super heats the resin and cakes it to your piece.

Well, that brings up everything I know for basic stuff on resin lol. :smoking:

7. haha thanks man! i have a glass spoon and i think i'm gonna do the scraping method haha. hope it works.

8. #8 abnormldood, Mar 31, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2009
    Yeah man, just twist a paperclip and put it through the carb hole, if it's already coming off sticky then keep scraping, if it's bone dry, close the bowlpiece with your thumb and light the carb for like 1-2 seconds(don't wanna make it evaporate), then repeat for the mouthpiece. It takes some practice getting the right angles but after you get good at it you can even put the paperclip through the carb, under the bowl, and around the other side that seems impossible to reach.

9. well first you need to smoke some weed...

:bongin:

10. no shit

11. What

the

fuck

dude.

That last part with the bong water resin is just fiendish. Resin smoking in general is but, damn.

12. I've always found with spoons that lighting the carb works really well. Just turn it on it's side and stick a flame in the carb. Suck extra slow or you'll burn your throat.

13. bong water is the absolute worst thing you could ever do, hence the reason I suggested it :D I wouldn't even bother with it unless you have a low tolerance, otherwise your wasting your time.

14. I would NEVER suggest filtering out bong water, you might as well be smoking pot leaves. Sure, there's THC on them, but you're just gonna kill your lungs and get a "teaser" buzz. I wouldn't recommend smoking resin in the first place, but to each his own, I've done it as a drastic measure myself.

15. I always strain my bong water. A strainer will catch the chunks of pot left from the end of each hit while letting the smaller ash go by. Also if you don't remove your bowl every time you fill it a small amount will drop into the water. If you do this on a regular basis, keeping your bong clean it never really gets gross.

16. well it worked guys:hello:

so i'm pretty high. made 2 little balls. the first one i made, i dipped in a little bit of shake i had left and that went perfect. then i was feeling good and decided to make another ball. so i made one and it was nicely shaped, but it broke down while i was smoking it :(

guess i made a better ball the first time lol

peace guys, happy smoking :wave:

17. Either scrape it into a little ball, or what I do, turn the piece sideways, light the side/resin, and suck slow at first then harder and depending on the size of your spoon, it could be very hot on your lips, but just deal with it. ;)