Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How do I get my novice to STFU about this?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Jayjangle, Jul 3, 2011.

1. First of all, this is going to sound really stupid, but I felt a sense of honor when this kid I have known asked me to learn to smoke weed because he was curious about it for a while. I was happy to smoke with him until he felt comfortable doing it alone or with his own group.

He has now been toking for about two months now (around 4 times a week), and has a slightly higher tolerance than me, as he can smoke 0.6 grams and feel close to how I feel at 0.5 grams. The difference is so marginal, though, that we literally get equally high because we smoke enough for the both of us together.

Even though he *knows* when he is high, and he is completely aware of when the high kicks in when it subsides, as well as knowing when it is not as strong as the previous one, he continually asks me and other friends if "he is high" when he is clearly blazed off his ass. He will do this four times per night unless I throw a shoe at him and tell him to shut up.

Now, I really like the guy, and I feel weed is very compatible with him because he doesn't do the stupid shit that I watch other students at my University do. Usually, I don't come close to losing my cool with him when he gets annoying, probably because I am usually too high to give a shit. However, he asks if he is high so much, each time that we smoke, that the friends that hang out with us all time time (and usually smoke with) are beginning to be done with him. They asked if I would consider ending my toking bond with them, and I told them I would not because he is a good and responsible guy that probably just needs the right type of scolding or reprimand to knock it off.

But, I have tried kindly explaining to him that no one else can tell him how high he is. I have pulled up articles for him that describe how unique a high is to each person. I even tried the 'so cold that it will make him change' approach by telling him to shut up and to chill somewhere else. Nothing has made him do this less. I took the cold approach only once as a last-ditched effort when I was extremely annoyed even while baked (which is almost inconceivable to even myself).

As I said, I don't want to quit hanging around him, because he is actually fun to toke with. I don't really know what else I can do to discourage his constant asking if he is high when no one else knows what the fuck to tell him.