Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How do I get into smoking?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Billy725, Apr 26, 2009.

1. I have never been high before. I know that most of my friends already have, at least once, and just about all the other friends want to try it. How do I get into it? What should I know? How do I get rid of the smell?

2. Well, basically walk up to the "stoner" group after school or during and ask where you can buy some weed.

Don't go overboard buying a large amount, cannabis is not for everyone. Buy a gram or two and smoke it up. Try and find someone who's smoked before or multiple times and can help you.

Learn the terms. Read all the stickies and I'm sure you'll understand enough to not look awkward buying weed.

If you can't buy a smoking device or rolling papers, I would make a simple homemade device. The search function can be used to find threads dedicated to the creation and use of these.

Enjoy your new hobby and post around!

3. Well first off, marijuana isn't a drug just letting you know so dont think of it as a the same thing as heroin or cocaine.. It's not addictive so if you don't like it, you can just stop at any time. Curiosity brought you here, which means your bound to try it.

When you smoke for the first time, chances are you won't get high. But if you do, it's possible to be high for up to 10 hours just from 2 hits. That's what happened to my friend. Anyway it's important that you don't freak out and panic about being high because then your high will suck.. It happened to me and I had the strongest, yet most horrible high of my life. Use eye drops. Just buy clear eyes or visine and put in 3 drops in each eye before you smoke and your eyes won't be red. Don't worry about the smell, it'll go away in 30 minutes. Now u Definately don't wanna be around your parents if you live at home. Because they can tell if your high. Just make sure that you have at least like 7 hours free of parents so you don't get burned. And btw NEVER think that you'll get caught... It just makes your high suck and makes you
    nervous and then you'll get caught. Just have fun. Oh and eat.. Food tastes awesome.. So does sex.. Haha HAVE FUN

Ps. If I sound stupid it's cuz I'm high

4. Pack bowl, spark lighter, inhale, hold....., exhale, enjoy! :smoking: :D

5. I'm stoned around my parents constantly and they can't tell. I guess I'm just a really mellow person though. But yeah I'd say smoke a friends bud for your first time, if they want some money for it drop like 5$ or whatever.

6. Just be sure to bring it into your lungs, and hold for around 2-3 seconds. Most new smokers keep it in their mouth, then bitch about not being high. Dont too big of a hit. Most of the ,shit yu will have to learn yourself, like everybody else. Welcome to this beautiful world of civil disobedience.

7. if your friends already smoke bud then go smoke with em

8. ask someone you know to sell u some weed. Do not front money. Newbies always get ripped off that way. No matter how much u trust them, never front. Get some rolling paper and a lighter. They are tons of tuts on how to roll on the internet. Find a secluded spot and light up. Inhale until it burns, hold for 5 seconds, and exhale. Repeat until your smoking nothing but ash. If you dont get high first time, dont worry. Retry in a week.
    Feel free to pm me if you have any more questions ;)

9. wow. 30 minutes and all these answers? i wish every question i asked got answers like this. still, about the smell though? would just a shower work? and throwing the clothes in the washer?

10. if your outside,
    go for a walk, and walk off the smell.
    a shower will work, but your clothes are the things that smell
    or just use body spray.
    you might also want gum or mints for your breath.
    find a "stoner survival guide"(search) thread and look at the things in there,
    they will become usefull.

11. Smoke outside and farther away from home. Avoid being hit by smoke clouds. If ya really paranoid go for a short walk around the block. Go inside, take a shower, change clothes, put in eye drops, eat something, and your set :D

12. In most cases you don't even have to wash your clothes, just throw them in the dryer and put in one of the scented fabric sheets that pretty much everyone uses with their clothes. That will get rid of the smell on your clothes quick without having to spend 1-2 washing and drying your clothes every time you smoke. Like the poster above said, use gum or mints for the breath, maybe some body spray to cover the smell on ya, some good ole fashion drops in the eyes for redness, and BAM, no one will know if you smoked unless you act goofy. :smoke:

13. oh, another question. i have contacts, cant see far. would wearing them matter at all?

14. No, and in fact, it's a perfect fallback for the potential, "Why are your eyes red?" question. To which you reply, "Because I slept with my contacts in last night."

I also wear contacts and am near-sighted. I also work in front of a computer most of my day...so...stoned or not, my eyes stay red.

Relax and enjoy yourself. If you're a tobacco smoker, the best way to cover the smell of pot is with a tobacco.

15. #15 Ayron, Apr 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2009
    i would highly recommend smoking with a friend who knows what they're doing first of all. but heres a tip that i found out by muself when i started smoking. when you inhale, make sure you do it slowly, it doesnt take much, and only inhale till your lungs are about 50-75% full and continue to inhale some fresh air. you only need to hold it in for a few seconds and then slowly exhale. not only will this push the smoke farther down into your lungs, but it will also mix some fresh air in with the smoke and you wont have to cough as much.
    and as for the smell, it doesnt really linger on your clothes too much unless you smoke in a super confined space like a car or something. also some methods of smoking smell more than others, such as smoking a joint or a blunt is gunna stink you up a lot more than smoking from a one hitter. also i wouldnt take more than two hits your first few times cause that will probably be more than enough.
    oh and make sure you have some COLD water to drink. it will make your throat feel sooo much better and it will cure cotton mouth. arizona iced tea is my personal fav thing to drink besides water.

but if your wondering what to expect when your high its different everytime and for everybody but i usually experience a weird head sensation and your mind starts to think about things in a much deeper way. also things may start to move reallllly slow and you may be able to feel sound waves and shit. but some of the occasional negative things to may get are paranoia that your gunna get caught/ espically during your first few times, but this can be cured by smoking somewhere comfortable and safe. i usually get some sort of memory loss of what was going on at the time. but other than that, put on some chill music or pop in a movie or your fav video game and just chill back and enjoy the herb with a friend or two, thats what its all about. welcome to the wonderfull world of cannabis my friend :smoke:

16. #16 ScarTissue, Apr 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2009
    How to get into it
    I'd reccommend getting some from a friend who smokes, this way he can show you the ropes, you dont have to worry about being ripped off in amount or quality.

However as a trade off make sure you give them a joint or two from your bag as a thank you, making them more generous and they may even give you their dealers number if they are happy about it. Do not let the dealer know you are new to smoking though, thats asking to be ripped off -another good thing to ask said friend is how much you can get for a certain price in said area to further ensure you don't get played.

What should I know?
    How to identify quality (look for crystals, hairs, a good green colour) however be aware, there has been cases of dealers putting glass shards as they look abit like THC crystals, The shards should be noticeable as they will coat the bag (the THC crystals are stuck on) and will be a fairly noticeable size too, try scratching a CD with them, if a scratch appears you have glass, and chew them, if it feels like your are eating sand then the same. However in my 7 months of smoking i have never seen any, and peoples reports on here suggest its very rare and may have only been one or two isolated cases in the first place

Amounts (try and learn to eyeball amounts)

How to properly smoke (inhale, then suck in some air to get it into your lungs properly, many first time smokers only inhale into their throat.)

How to be safe (dont schitz out around authority figures, Get some moisturising/red eye reducing eye drops, should be around $5 in a Chemist, you mentioned you wear contacts, eye drops will say if they are suitable for use with them or not. Try to not carry weed around with you in public. ie go straight home after a pickup unless you are going to someones with it)

The biggest indicators of your high-ness (differs from person to person, i personally get strong red eye so eyedrops are a must for me, someone i know gets quite bad dry mouth so he sounds different. Dialated pupils shouldnt be too much of a problem.)

You will cough the first few times, it is very harsh on your lungs until you develop a tollerance to it, Milk worked wonders for me when i had this problem. alternativly, mangos appear to make people be able to inhale more without coughing, it also has the added benefit of getting you higher! (there was a thread about it here)

How do I get rid of the smell?

Weed smell is nowhere near as noticable as tobacco for example, But dont become complaicent. When i want to be stealthy i smoke with a jacket on, which i take off just before going inside and carry it upstairs inside out when people are around. carry some deodorant just incase, i also carry around chewing gum as an extra precaution.
    Joints and blunts are the only method where you will have to worry about smell on your clothes.

enjoy yourself :) dont worry about what the effects are doing, just explore them, you'll have fun.

17. If there's woods around, I'd recommend going on a smoke walk in the forest. Practically impossible to get caught, wind dissipates any smell, and nature is just awesome.

Do bring eyedrops, and a lot of drinks. and snacks. You WILL need these... haha!

But as far as technique... take a small hit, and then suck in air. You want to get the smoke in your lungs. Most first time smokers don't get high because they don't inhale properly. Personally, when I'm stealing peoples' weed cherries, I make them use a bong so they HAVE to inhale deeply :D

Also you may experience feelings of paranoia or fear... it's normal, but you can control it. Even after smoking for many years I still get those feelings sometimes. All you need to do is remember it's just the weed, and you can't od on it or whatever. And then go do something distracting, and you'll be fine.

18. ask one of your friends that have tried it, and ask about it, where you could get it, etc. You should smoke up with somone else the first time.. you basically just have to find the right group of people to find some weed. good luck!

19. My first time smoking I didn't get high, it is really important to inhale it properly, also don't start to show off your new "Hit taking abilities" after your like... third time smoking. Ie: Pushups, running laps, or swimming with a hit, You might get get really high and if you get a considerable and really paranoid. Any being really paranoid your first times smoking is a really bad experience, at least it was for me.

20. Just text or call someone who smokes weed and ask them if they can hook you up...thats what i did and later i got more hookups.