How do I flush D.W.C Hydroponics properly? Noob here

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by Salkio, Oct 7, 2016.

1. Whats up,

Im doing my first Hydro DWC grow my 2 plants are in veg week 1 stage and i have added 1/4th of my nutrients. The PPM is more than 100 ( I ordered a PPM pen and its still arriving in the mail, so long i used a chemical drop thing used for fish ranks and the chart only goes to 100>, ill keep you posted on exactly what my ppm will be after i get this pen).
    I red online that after 1 week of nutrients i should flush my plants and keep plain PH'ed water for 1 week then re add nutrients after that week but increase the dosage slowly. Instead of 1/4th ill add 1/3rd etc.
    Is this correct?

If this is important i have 2 x 75w each CFL white and also 2 x 75w warm light CFL's. Was hoping i can use this combo for the full veg and flowering? I think im going to need to add a few more?
    Im also doing L.S.T trying to make my plants as flat as possible to increase colas :p

Thanks guys
    Happy high times

2. For my grow I never went over 40% strength of the Lucas formula using Maxibloom and that was after 30 days in.

I've never heard of flushing DWC until the last week before harvest.

The most important thing for me was maintaining PH between 5.8 - 6.5 I had Cal Mag issues early but was able to bounce back.

I'm about 10 days left before I harvest my very first bud.

3. Awe thanks allot! So ill leave as is and maybe add more nutrients in the 3rd or 4th week. My PH is around 6.0 to 6.5 im getting a PH pen soon in the mail so ill know exactly soon.

4. Some people flush in between changing nutrient profiles. It's not necessary but it makes the plant respond faster. Nutrients take the form of salts and bond to the roots. When you change nutrient balance amounts it helps transition the plant if those old chemical bonds are broken with the roots. Essentially washing the roots clean to start new.

There's a few products out there that speed this process way up. I use GH florakleen. That's where I learned about flushing in between nutrient changes. It's in the directions. I originally bought it just for cleaning out the plants at the end of harvest which it worked great for but when I read about flushing the plant during the grow I have tried it a few times with great results. Any time I have a problem plant now and it's getting close to water change time, I change water about once a week in all my buckets, I change the nutrients for straight water and add about 1 1/2 tsp of florakleen. The roots soak in this for 2hrs then you do a normal water change with nutrients. It really helps turn a plant around quick.

5. Not sure where you read that information but it is VERY WRONG! You NEED that PPM pen and a PH pen. Without these important tools you are only setting yourself up for failure in DWC. I grow in 3.5 gallon buckets. By the end of 7-10 days I am already up to 170PPM. You want to adjust your PPM's to what the plants want and not someone else's feed chart. Do you know how to adjust to your plants uptake? There is a stickie here someplace that tells you how. You do NOT flush after only a week of growing. That is only going to slow your plants down...again that is bad information.

For growing 2 plants in DWC 4 CFL's will grow plants but you are going to be very much behind the 8 ball with that little amount of light. How big is your grow area?

6. Nutrient usage is partially based on what light you have if you have a really small light you're going to be using barely any nutrients.

7. h
    ey man sorry for the late reply. So i got my pens my ppms for the start of week 4 is 1300/1400. I added a 80 watt white light cfl so i have a total of 140 watts per plant. I will add some more for flowering. And my ph is 6.4/6.5. My grow area is decent the plants are some what bushy but not tall. I did some LST and i put the plant horizontal for a few weeks so that the nodes get light and now i removed my string as the nodes are the same height at the main stem (which i topped).

8. Your PH is way to high for hydro. 6.4/6.5 is for soil grows. Hydro is 5.8/6.2.