how do I fix this?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by grass man420, Apr 2, 2013.

1. I broke this bong on accident a while ago and I tried super gluing it and it worked for a while but the glue stopped working and it sucks smoking it now you can't even put it down when its full of water you have to hold it the while time lol so I just smoke my other bongs.

How do I fix this? Can I glass weld it or something?

ForumRunner_20130401_210826.png

2. Might have to buy a new one

3. there has to be a way to make it work again. the base cracked into 3 pieces smoothly. it luckily kept the bottom intact so water doesn't leak.

4. you can try gorilla glue

5. JB weld is exactly what you want to use get it at most hardware stores

i have used it to fix my bongs plenty of times im rather clumsy

6. J-B Weld | Original Cold Weld Formula Steel Reinforced Epoxy

" J-B Weld is The Original Cold Weld two-part epoxy system that provides strong, lasting repairs to metal and multiple surfaces. Mixed at a ratio of 1:1, it forms a permanent bond and can be shaped, tapped, filed, sanded and drilled after curing. At room temperature, J-B Weld sets in 20-25 minutes to a dark grey color. A full cure is reached in 15-24 hours. J-B Weld has a tensile strength of 3960 PSI and sets to a hard bond overnight. It can withstand temperatures up to 550ºF when fully cured."

i think the super glue just stopped working cause there was too much dried on the end already. i should get it off with sand paper.this just looks like industrial strength super glue. hopefully it works.

7. jb weld is vary vary strong there are other types also but the original is by far the strongest it dosnt take much to go along way

8. Ya make sure you get any spilled JB Weld wiped up before it sets or you're not getting it off without a sander :laughing: shit's what i always recommend to people for fixes/homemade.

9. this worked perfect look
    032.jpg

but then this happened.
    063.jpg

this time it broke into too small of pieces to try and glue it together so i want to just make a seperate stand for it so i can smoke it again.  maybe  a kleenex box that's reinforced could work as a stand or something.

any ideas?

10. #10 BudButler, Oct 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2013
    at this point dude it's time to just buy a new one

like a real real heavy wood block one that you can't knock over might to the trick

still time for a new one

11. seriously, glass just isn't for you, get an acrylic bong and not worry about dropping it

12. Or get a really expensive one so theres more incentive to not drop it

Sent from my XT1058 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. I would rather buy a new one than put my mouth on that one. Dirty. LOL That's not true. I would lick dirt if it had weed in it. But still dirty. Buy a new one.

14. A block of wood with a hole in it

15. Man i think its time to give up on it man, or maybe break the glass at the bottom and carve a wooden stand.

16. Cd case or cd

17. i would honestly get a cd case and super glue it on and make a new base. or get new glass. looks like a cheap chinese bong. but i feel u even if you got a new peice i wud still try to make that one work why throw away somethin that gets you ripped

18. Drill a hole in a block of wood thats the same size as yer bong. Try to break off that excess glass on the bottom tho but be careful not to cause further damage lol

Sent from my C6616 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

19. I used hot glue on mine. I found a lid that for around my base, cut a hole in the lid, put it on the bottom of the base, filled it with hot glue, than covered the top of the base with it. It actually looks good on my bong... ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1383220402.940956.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

20. You're better off buying a new one.