how do i fix nitro deficiency

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by jwilli, Apr 13, 2012.

1. my plants are in going in to third week of flowering and I've had problems with the nitro since week two. i started with a 12-7-15 fertilizer for veg. then switched to a 0-50-30 fert. for the flowering second week in to flower the bottom leaves started wilting and yellowing.
    someone said it was a nitro problem so i flushed the plants change my water and used half amount of each one to try to bring up the nitro a little but its didn't help and its getting worse.:confused:

anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?
    do i need different fertilizer?
    and how much nitro during flower can they take before it hurts the flowering?

2. J, hi.

Listen, brother. I could probably spew endlessly, but I'll start with this.

N-P-K = Nitrogen, Phosphorous, and Potassium. It is the rating of all soils and nutrients. So when you say you are feeding with 0-50-30, how many nitrogen is that?

3. Flushing probably wasn't the best idea, during a deficiency.. starting a low dose of a higher N/dominant product, would have been a better option.

For the first 3 - 4 weeks of bloom nitrogen should only be slightly decreased... not eliminated entirely! Many people only begin cutting back on their veg formula around week two of 12/12, and begin replacing with a flowering feed then (not a 0 -X - X 'bloom booster', which should ideally be used on its own only towards the end, and beforehand in conjunction with a bloom product still containing nitrogen... right now, at 2+ weeks 12/12, you should be using predominantly a bloom-specific formula with nitrogen... I use bat and seabird guanos for nitrogen and phosphorous, Dutch Master Gold and Advance for all/NPK, and a few of the FoxFarm range, myself.. focusing on the guanos and FoxFarm towards the end, just before flushing, for flavor, terpene and resin/trichome production purposes).

Hope this helps! :)

4. BadKitty slays you with info for 1,200,000 points :D

His problem is that he doesn't understand that 0 nitrogen = 0 nitrogen :p