How Do I FIM?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Irishweedlover, Jul 5, 2003.

1. I have 4 plants that range from 3.5 feet to 4.5 feet, I was wondering if it was too late to FIM, and how I do it

thanks

2. #2 GBEKush, Jul 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2014
    I think that might be too late if it's flowering at 3 to 4.5'. I FIM'd for the first time this last grow when I had 5 sets of leaves at day 14. I found that it stimulated the growth of the lower branches and allowed some of the lower nodes to catch up to the top of the plant. In combination with LST, it's a pretty good combo. My plant was going to have 9 tops. I uprooted it today because it turned out to be a male. Poor thing, may it rest peacefully.

3. Fim will only work on plants from seeds and only until the plant hit sexual maturity. You can tell if it has by the nodes growing in alternating patterns. If they grow parallel then you are good to Fim.

4. Where did you get that info? You can top a clone why can't you FIM a clone?

Dude this post was from like 2003 lol

5. I know man lmao I didn't see the date till after I answered. I was like "uhh...well it's the thought that counts."

6. Actually, thank you for boosting this post, I actually needed that info.

7. My clones get so bushy I would not bother topping. Except to cut more cones anyway.

Grasscity Deals Near You