How Do I Convince My Mom To Let Me Smoke?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by eddie5000, May 6, 2014.

1. So my mom found out that ive been smoking weed, she doesnt really care shes only concerned because its illegal how can i get her to realize theres like no issue?

2. Illegality isn't an issue? 

3. you don't..

just continue to hide it from her till you move out..

4. Well, there's an issue when you get caught with it and get sent to prison... Pretty big issue don't you think?

5. Don't let it interfere with your day to day life. She'll eventually see it's not bothering you and be okay. 

6. Turn 18 and smoke up.

7. 2 words: The Union

8. You look too young to smoke though honestly

9. Get her drunk

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

10. I'll tell her to lighten up next time I see her.

11. She seems like she is pretty chill so I would just not push your luck and keep it on the down low. Having her watch the union is stupid because all it will do is change her opinion on whether it should be legal or not.

She is afraid that you will get busted and get a record, and there's nothing you can do to take away that risk besides showing her how responsible, cautious, and smart you are.

12. If she's worried about the legal issues marijuana has then sit down and talk to her and explain "if you let me smoke in the basement or outside then you know I'm not driving and I'm home so I can't get in any trouble" then also tell her when you get hungry you'll make/buy your own food and clean up after yourself.
    My mom is chill with me smoking and she's happy when she knows I'm staying home for the night and smoking rather than going to a friend's and smoking. If you have a mature professional discussion with adults/parents you get better outcomes rather than just flipping out at them

I hate seeing people post this as if it's the answer to everything...

Yes, I enjoyed watching The Union, but anyone with half a brain can see that it's far from impartial and balanced...it's almost as blindly pro-MJ as Reefer Madness was anti-MJ...

A pro-MJ documentary is not the be all and end all for helping people understand MJ better...

Ummm...you do understand that there will always be legal issues with participating in an illegal activity...right?

14. That in some states. OP, if you're over 18, move out if its that important in your life...

15. #15 4r5t6y7, May 7, 2014
    Last edited: May 7, 2014
    You can't change someone with words, videos, or facts.  I've learned this the hard way.  I realized that their brains are already finished developing and they've already been conditioned to the social norms of society.  Therefore, it's nearly impossible to change what they think.  Fact is, it's illegal, it's a drug, and you're her son.  Nothing will change. She simply wants the best for you and you should appreciate that she cares.  Best to just keep it well hidden or stop until you move out.

BTW you really need to be 18 to post here :laughing:  

16. Well would you rather watch the CNN documentary that talks about the dangers of recreational weed? To be blunt, there are not that many documentaries or shows about weed and if there are, half of them are anti weed. The Union is a documentary that talks about how the drug war is a sham and how crooks made it illegal. Like I said, there's not that many informative shows about weed and The Union is one of those few documentaries that actually talk the truth. It does a very good job of convincing people too, convinced my parents just fine. :bongin:

17. so should i try that because my mom said that theres a chance that she will let me smoke weed at home shes just worried about the law

The law isn't going to change by letting her watch a documentary...

19. #19 belts, May 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2014
    dude, People change all the time and can be changed through words, videos, and even facts. Weed is so relaxed among parent these days it seems, I mean, considering OP's mom lived through the 60's/70's but also through times where weed was strictly looked at in a negative light, there's room for change all the time. Like someone said OP, an intellectually, mature conversation showing you aren't messing around with it and use it in moderation, would probably change her mind.

20. No you can't change anyone like that.  I did that conversation you just said.  Hell I they even saw I graduated high school smoking, worked 3 jobs smoking, bought my own car with my own money smoking, and passed 3 college semesters smoking.  They still feel the exact same way about it as when they caught me.  You can't change the law, social norms, or the attitude towards the word drug.  And if a parent is relaxed about the herb then thats how they already feel and it shouldn't be a problem.  But if a parent is strict towards it, that's not going to change, even with facts and evidence.