How do I convince my girlfriend to let me smoke?

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by lovinglife420, Jan 10, 2011.

1. #1 lovinglife420, Jan 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2011
    So I have Been dating this girl for almost 10 months and every time I smoke weed she gets upset with me and Im tired of upsetting her. So this weekend coming up Im going to sit her down and have a nice long talk with her about it and try and convince her to let me smoke. I would give up smoking for her because we are getting pretty serious and I wouldn't want to lose her. So can you guys give me some ideas on how to compromise with my girlfriend? And also I don't want people saying I should just dump her because she won't let me smoke because Im not that kind of guy and I wouldn't do that to her.

UPDATE!!!: SO I TALKED TO HER ABOUT IT AND WHAT SHE DOESN'T LIKE ABOUT IT AND WE WORKED IT OUT AND WE ARE BETTER THAN EVER!

2. but she's doing it to you.

3. WTF just smoke if you want to, who is she to judge you? A relationship won't work if there isn't compromise, if you wanna come home and pack a bowl, do it. But don't smoke all the time and leave her out and dry, maybe get her involved, let her hit it every once in awhile or bang it out :D.

4. If you make resources available to her so she is educated on the subject, and it makes you happy then she shouldn't have a problem with it.

I wouldn't ask my boyfriend to stop, because it makes him happy. Even if I didn't smoke, I wouldn't ask him to compromise on something that isn't harming me or anyone else.

5. in my experience, you will never get what you want with this girl.

ditch her, find another, have your cake and eat it too mo'fucka!

6. no one lets me do anything i do what i want be a man...smoke .. if she don't like it well my ma always said women are like buses just wait another will show up..

7. This right here! You need to upgrade my man!

8. Smoke your weed. If she bitches, tell her to smoke your poll. If she bitches further. Find another to smoke weed with that will then go and smoke your poll on her own accord.

9. I have serious problems with people who get into relationships and try to change the other person. When you're in love with someone, aren't you supposed to love all of that person?
    I find this topic somewhat annoying. It seems like common sense to me.
    You will have to find some middle ground, find a way to compromise.

10. You should get really drunk instead of getting a little bit stoned and see which one she prefers.

11. i'd say sit her down and dump her ass.

12. I would have said at the start that I smoke and that is part of the package (avoids these sorts of problems from the beginning). But I would be more than willing to meet in the middle somewhere. Maybe not smoke when I am around her, or generally smoke less (or both).

But if she doesn't like it, she doesn't like it. You can try talking to her and seeing if you can come up with an agreement or something.

Either way, hope it all works out for the best

13. trust me, it doesn't work like that. my last ex was "cool" with me smoking for the first 4 months, from there on, it was hell.

14. Get out now if you care about toking. You will grow to hate her if she's like 99% of women out there. I'd say the only way out is if she starts toking herself.

15. Well, all of my ex's were tokers themselves. So I really could not compare, but i'll remember that. Thanks :D

16. oh yeah, the girl i was referring to toked with me on a daily basis for months before telling me she hated getting high and seeing me high. to this day, she still smokes marijuana. she's a fucking cunt, i hate her so fucking much, and she's on this website.

so i'd like to say, fuck you you motherfucking whore!

17. Don't you think it's a little fucked up that she has to "let you smoke"?

I'm assuming you're at least 18, you're an adult, no one has to let you smoke dude, especially not your significant other. If she can't accept you for who you are, fuck her, move on, she doesn't really love you if she's trying to change you like that man.

18. Punch her in the face.

19. Depends on how serious it is. Would you say that you love her? Most of all have you sat down with her asked her why she doesn't like it? Explain to her why you like to smoke, and try to come to a compromise.

If you can't come to a compromise then what you need to do is figure out your priorities. Love or getting high? Personally if I was in that situation with a girl I loved and could be the one then I would pick the girl every time.

20. Now I hope that was a metaphor for non-violent activity, cos I believe otherwise it's a grasscity rulebreaker:p

HA but naw straight up man, fuck that bullshit, dont let anyone tell you what to do. It's people that try to control you that stop you being yourself.