How do i control height gain

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by runtuchman, Aug 21, 2010.

1. please tell me how to control and predict height gain with my Big Bud plants

2. Can't really predict what it is going to be, just low stress train them.. Get some string or twine, and tie them down about 90 degrees. Just take it slow.. You don't want to break any stems..

Good luck!

3. can topping help???

4. yes and lst

5. fellow newb here on my first grow. if you lst, just make sure you have PLENTY of ground space to house the plant. How ever tall your plant would normally get is how wide it will get with lst. And some pot plants get 10+ feet high, if you know what im sayin ;)

6. topping, LST, and constricting the roots will keep your plant down to a manageable size.

I use #3 nursery containers and 10" pots for my garden to keep the plants small enough to hide around the yard.

7. sorry guys but apparently i'm a comlete newb please tell me what LST stands for

8. haha, sorry... lst: "low stress training". "training" being the operative word, meaning to bend the plant down 90 degrees so as to keep the whole thing lower.

look in the Advanced Growing Techniques section of the GC forum. It should explain it well.

9. thanks alot

10. If it's a true Big Bud Indica it won't get much bigger than 4-5' tall. If you're using Dutch seeds with an indica/sativa blend that's a different story.