Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How do I confront my friend/pot supplier?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by ChrisC84, Jan 26, 2014.

1. I take care of my guys...they take care of me. It's a mutually beneficial working relationship.. To say the least. It's illegal in my state. So we take care of one another however we can. I won't buy off anyone that I can't trust like a Brother.

2. I wish I had the option to do that. I'm currently trying to find a solid dealer in a new area, so I can't be too picky. Someone who doesn't skimp on me or rape me is all I could ask for lol.

3. Some hot chicks deal. Lol. Easiest way to score is go to a shitty bar and hang out in the smoking area. Drunks take risks and always want to come off as generous. And the bartender can always put in a good word for you if you tip well.

4. Not bad advice at all lol

5. #25 morange, Jan 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2014
    Sounds like he's started to abuse the trust you've given him the past 4 years and has started ripping you off, knowing that you don't scale out what you buy because of that trust. It's a shitty thing to do, it's bad for business anyway.

Either way you need to confront him, go and set up a buy from him (nothing big, grab like an eighth ounce), and when you see him in person have him place it on the scale. When he gets all offended that you don't trust him, bring up what you said in the OP, about the past few times being short. It's just business, he gets to count his money, you get to weigh your weed. If he won't make it right and compensate you for the past purchases, I'd take all his business away from him and just buy elsewhere. If he does make it right, scale your stuff each time now.

I hate these kinds of situations, it's really unfortunate, but it can show you who your true friends are and who is using you. I don't buy weed anymore since I grow, but I used to buy from my friends, and even though I've known them for years and years, it was strictly a professional matter when it came to that. I got the money ready and I get it weighed out in front of me and put into a bag. I always find it's better to take an extra ten to fifteen minutes to hang out with the person and visit, since you have the opportunity to make sure both parties are getting a fair deal compared to doing a transaction through a car window.

6. A good friend will definitely weigh you a little over what you paid.  But I don't have friends so don't listen to me.

7. Definitely sounds like his scale calibration is messed up... 4gs being 3 gs is nearly the same as 14 being 10. Happens if it's getting banged around.

8. You're not being a bitch for noticing that a dealer may have skimped you. If I paid to get half an oz, I damn well better get half an oz. I don't care if it's a dime short because if I paid for it, I'd better get it homie. But you're cool with this dude, so straight up tell him how it is. Just say, "Ayye homie. I'm not sure if you knew, but you kinda skimped out on that half you gave me and I was wondering if you could compensate for that."

Always remember, before letting anyone hand you your sack, try to be their when they scale it.

9. Thanks for all the advice guys. I will talk to him about it next time I pick up and it is short. I also may have another better source lined up so I can take my business elsewhere if this becomes a problem with my friend. 

10. [quote name="Po4381994" post="19406730" timestamp="1390699304"]Damn, that's the dealer that everyone on GC dreams about. Unless they grow of course.[/quote]That's James Franco from Pineapple Express is who that is.

Damn near...Dude got me Bl;ack Ops 2 for PS3 so we could play together...of course I got him his PS3....I want to move outta this state. But y'all is getting me worried I won't be able to find any good reliable friends. I might have to bring them with me   LOL

12. #32 irish_texan, Jan 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2014

Idk man, a dealer/friend who's that chill is definitely a keeper.

I kinda got that going with my guy; we knew each other in high school before either of us smoked weed but he's three years older than me so we never hung out that much. But I'm good friends with his family so we know each other. He always smokes me out and feeds me munchies when I buy from him, and we usually watch  South Park together.

He's pretty awesome; only problem is he lives like an hour away so I gotta buy in bulk to save on gas, but when I do hang out with him it's a lot of fun.

13. Talk to him man Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. I would honestly just confront him about it upfront and directly. Luckily you have the advantage of knowing this guy not just as a dealer but as a friend so you don't have to worry about him stabbing you. But don't start off by accusing/acting hostile, that's almost never an ideal solution. If this guy is really your friend eventually you guys will come to a conclusion, and if you can't, then you ought to just make him a friend and nothing more and find someone else. But if this guy is sketchy and he's throwing you all manner of excuses then something is definitely up. Or you could get lucky and the fact that you call him out for this makes him respect you more and he stops doing this.

But I read the other posts and if this guy really is in a rough patch he might have been trying to skimp you (and possibly others) to stretch his weed, and even if that is a reasonable explanation, it isn't an excuse. It all depends on your guys relationship and how you play the conversation.

15. I like the way you think. 

16. #36 irish_texan, Jan 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2014
    [quote name="morange" post="19406895" timestamp="1390701554"]It's just business, he gets to count his money, you get to weigh your weed.[/quote]I really like this. It makes sense; no buyer gets offended when a dealer counts his money, so no dealer should get offended when a buyer weighs his bud.
    Good advice. I actually just ordered my own scale from Amazon, so now I can be sure.