How do i collect rain water?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by gMarshall, Aug 19, 2012.

1. I am curious on ways to collect as much rain water as possible so I do not have to travel with so many buckets. Any help would be very appreciated!!

2. Is this for your back yard or a remote location?

3. Dig a large hole. Sink a garbage can into the hole. Put a plastic tarp over the top directing any rain water to the can, through a hole you cut in the middle of the tarp. It's like a giant funnel.

A friend of mine has this set up connected to a large underground storage tank so they can get enough water for the whole summer over the winter rains.

4. cut in half sideways plastic containers (100 gallon tanks or such)
    dig them in the ground so they 're level with the ground
    use tarps hung from trees to direct the rain in the tanks

5. [quote name='"Corto Malteze"']cut in half sideways plastic containers (100 gallon tanks or such)
    dig them in the ground so they 're level with the ground
    use tarps hung from trees to direct the rain in the tanks[/quote]

Great minds think alike. ;)

6. Haha we posted at the same time!

7. this is for a remote location. thanks guys these sound like great ideas, i just dont want anyone seeing the tarp. should i throw leaves over the top if it?

8. The tarp would be vertical (can't cover it no?), attached to a tree or bush so rain goes down from it to the barrel/tank which is in the ground. Once it's filled, take it down. Or try growing near a water source (more discrete). Rain water is not necessary to grow big halthy plants. The main thing is the sun exposition, enough food and any non salty water (although rain water is excellent).

9. how do u get big healthy bushy plants? mine didnt get very bushy this year, they got tall and spaced out between nodes:( also i cannot get a thick main stalk, and alot of branches died.

10. A quick search for LST (low stress training) will show you how to grow bushier plants without shocking them. This will also help you with your wimpy stalks and internodal gaps.

Also Pro-tekt liquid silica when you do go out to water really improves stem strength while adding a little K to boost.

VOO

11. how much silica so u use per gallon? and whats the best veg and flower reci[pe for the biggest harvest

12. Like a half tsp to a gallon, if that

13. sometimes i work for a company that makes recycled rainwater collectors

the best thing to do would be to transform a barrel into a rainwater collector

Make sure u have a filter on top or mosquitos will lay eggs in the water

14. sun, enough food (horse manure, chicken manure and high P guano) and water