How do I clean the reservoir using a trellis/scrog

Discussion in 'Aeroponics' started by brixfix, Oct 2, 2014.

1. I'm currently growing in dirt, next time I would like to try dwc/aeroponics. I have a superponics 8 which came with the tent and light I purchased from someone who was going to try and grow but never did so I got it all for half price. I'm not sure I will use the superponics 8 or choose a system that uses 1 plant per bucket. I like the 1 plant per bucket idea just in case there is any issues so the roots won't be tied together but I'm not against using the superponics either. Being that I grow in a tent I use a trellis/scrog to handle the height issue.

That being said my question is upon changing the nutes how would I remove the reservoir of either system for cleaning? I could easily make my net set up separate for each plant but I'm not sure what I would do with the plant upon removing the reservoir or even how I would go about raising the scrog in order the get the res out. The superponics 8 comes with a pump to remove the nutes and I would want the same type of system if I was to use individual buckets.

Or would I just not clean the reservoir and hope for the best? What do i do with the plant while cleaning the resevoir, if thats possible? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Sent from my XT1028 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. #2 brixfix, Oct 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2014
    I really haven't been able to find much information on the superponics system. I guess it would be used more for very short single cola plants which wouldnt require a net. I'm leaning towards the individual bucket set up anyways.

Sent from my XT1028 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Sent from my XT1028 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. No u hav to change,at least once every 2 wks..i use 18gal totes n cut a extra hole n suck it out with shop vac(pantyhose n rubberband on end of house)or u can elevate the totes with a brick cause a scrog net will hold lid n plants np if u can drop tote low enough to slide out

5. 20160821_155728.jpg Heres a pic to kinda sho the jist.

6. I'm using soil but I want to switch to hydro as well...

I was thinking I'd set mine up with a 5 gallon tote, because of the flat sides, and install a bulkhead fitting with a drain valve.

I guess "cleaning" would only be draining the old water and replacing it with fresh. I'm betting that there won't be any time between changes that stuff could grow/accumulate.

7. Good idea...ive done this b4 too,once u drain it,run clean water threw n drain that again to get out all the nutes..but it does wrk so good luck..get the valve as close to bottom as possible of course

8. Yup rinse as well. Thinking about it the air stone keeping the water bubbling might help stuff not be able to sit and stick. I dunno though.

I'll throw this down though I was also thinking to supply the tote the plant will be in I'll have another bucket i can mix my solution in placed higher up so I can gravity feed into the grow tote. The outlet will be going to a floor drain

• Like Like x 1
  9. It doesnt stick much like u said..but u will hav a ring around (however high u fill each change).n the gravity thing wud wrk just hav some tweaking to figure it out u kno..i like it simple stupid,i mix a gal at a time cause i use 7part nute mix.if u do the gravity thing u will need a bubbler n that too

10. My totes hav 3 holes(2 for plants)adjacent corners or 18gal tote,with a seprate hole for shop vac hose/and to re fill after...but nothing is impossible so dont let me hold u back from some ground breaking shit....mayb ill use yur method one day once u perfect it

11. Why can't you get a water pump with a hose. Put the water pump inside your res to clear out as much as possible. Then with a sperate bucket that you freshly mixed your nutes, pump the nutrient water into the res. Couple tsp less nutes just in case the left over water if any in the res still has some nutes in it?

My idea could be complete ish tho.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

12. Ebb and flow or a reverse ebb and flow but with a top drip system. Then you can just clean the big 55 gallon res tank. Or RDWC

Or like said above water pump.