How do i clean my glass pipe?

Discussion in 'General' started by tank69, Jul 6, 2006.

1. i boiled my pipe the other day for about 15min, and looks like there is still shit in it, whats a good way to clean it. My brother found it in his front yard...and all of my friends say that its suppose to go clear when its totaly clean. true?

tank

2. It will go clear when 100% clean if its ccg which it most likely is... I find rubbing alcohol works the best, the higher the percentage the better. You can find it at the drug store ussually in first aid. just put the pipe in a ziploc bag and cover it in the alchy, zip up the bag and shake it for a while then let it sit, I like to let it sit overnight, giving it another good shake before taking it out. just remember to rinse it out with water really well... alcohol tastes like shit when you smoke it and is not good for you at all.

3. Oh damn, wait. CCG pipes go clear when you clean them?

4. and i fill the bag full of the rubbing alcohol?

5. You don't need to "fill" the bag....just enough to cover the pipe. Make sure to throw some salt in there too. The salt will help scrape the resin out of all the lil crevices.

6. and if you run out of pipe cleaners, striped speaker wirw works good for getting the tricky spots

7. salt....are u sure?

8. Buy some rock salt and rubbing alcohol. Pour in about 20 or so smaller rocks of salt and then fill the pipe like 1/2 - 3/4 of the way with alcohol. Then shake that shit like hell. You may have to pour it out and refill a couple times. Rinse it all out good with warm water once it's clean. This works for anything glass. Pipes, bongs, whatever. Best I've seen other that that orange stuff.

9. yup, i'm sure.

10. Only if it started clear when you bought it. Not all do.

11. and so am I. :)

Goodluck :wave:

12. can you still get resin from the pipe when you do the zip-lock+alcohol+salt trick? Does the alcohol just absorb it or do I have to scrape my pipe (it's hard to get the resin out, right now) before I clean it?
    thanks

13. Wow, I figured I'd have to mention this when I saw this thread.

The best way to clean a CCG pipe, especially if you have a lot of res in it, is indeed rubbing alcohol (perferably 70% and up) in a bag with salt in it. Definately overnight, if not 2, if you want a shiny almost brand new pipe. But, I once wanted to get the res out and smoke it (unfortunately I should have had more res, but it still worked, and I imagine would even better with a lot of res) so i did the bag method with NO salt... then, because Alcohol boils much faster than water, and even at a lower temp than what it takes to vaporize THC (alcohols boiling point is approx 80 degrees... 78.somethin actually), I dumped out the THC-Saturated Alcohol in to a small pan, and boiled the shit. I probably also put the stove up way to high but I havn't tried to see if it'd work at a lower temp... I'm guessing it'd work better at a lower temp. But anyway, all the alcohol boiled away and the tiny amount of water or whatever else is in it also boiled away, and I was left with basically the same thing you get from scraping... same color, etc, too.

14. The best way to clean a glass pipe is right hear in the City and it is FREE! Its called the search button, Just a joke bro don't get all postal on me, but for real this has been discussed alot on here, its all good though everyone has questions. :p JOE>

15. DON'T do this if you have a gas stove.

16. They have this shit at some headshops called Formula 420 or Compound 420, something like that. I ust fill my bowl up with that and shake it ALOT and repeat the process like 2 more times and you have a brand new clear bowl.

17. ok so i have 70% rubbing alc, and no salt rocks... can i use table salt or something else....

18. The salt and alcohol works WONDERS! My pipe was so full of resin that I could barely smoke out of it. I shook it up on and off for like an hour then let it sit over night and shook it up a lil bit more and all the resin just fell out. I then proceeded to rinse it out and it was completely clean.

*edit* PS...table salt works fine

19. so its been about three hrs, and im shaking it every hour. and already i can tell the difference...the bowl is like almost clean, i think that i might do this for anotherday or so...
    thanks for the help

20. Um.. What about glass cleaner? They are made of glass.. .And you can use alcohol to dissolve/evap anything left over.