How do i clean it?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by Ahhh..., Jun 22, 2009.

1. #1 Ahhh..., Jun 22, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2009
    How do i clean it?

Attached Files:

2. ... ummm I'm assuming thats a picture of a piece, so soak it in isopropyl alcohol and you should be good. You could also shake it around with salt in it in addition to the alcohol. I used to do that before my piece was stolen at a party. :(

3. You don't have to use salt, you can use alcohol on any glass piece though. The salt just acts as friction to help clean it more, but it is not required.

4. No problem man, sorry about being a dick in my first post, if you need any help while cleaning, just drop a post in here and I'll see what I can do to help ya.

5. alright man no worries

6. just curious, did anyone tell you why you couldnt use salt and alcohol??

7. All glass pieces can be cleaned with alcohol. :] If not, then rinse well with a lot of warm water.

8. ive used iso/salt with my glass, it worked fine, i dont see why not

9. you can also buy some stuff called Formula 420, let it soak for a little while and rinse. It works pretty good.

The best/worst way ive found is to boil your piece clean!
    Pro - Totally clean of resin.
    Con- Ruins what your going to boil it in as it leaves a resin ring where the water line is and you cant get it to go away. And it stinks. And if you spill the water...well DON'T SPILL THE WATER.

10. DO NOT boil your peice, the bubbles can shake it around and crack your peice,

spoken from experience

11. I've actually never been able to get a piece as clean by boiling as I have with salt+iso.

If salt and alcohol isn't working well for you, you may not be using enough salt. I use generous amounts of salt in mine, enough so that the mixture becomes just a little bit goopy.

And yeah, that looks like your average glass piece to me, there should be no reason you can't use isopropyl and salt in that.

12. Really!?! :eek:

ive done it this way about 4 times with good luck. Was the glass you had real thin?

either way it sounds like salt and iso is the way to go lol im going to have to try this!

13. No, thats why i always advise against it, it was a pretty thick bubbler my friend had.

14. No they just said. quote " It will fuck up your pipe if you clean this one with salt and alcohol"

15. It wont fuck your pipe up. Whoever told you that is retarded.

And about boiling pipes. Its not a good idea. The temperature changing that much will cause your glass to break sooner or later, even if you've gotten away with doing it before.

16. Ha. Is that a lefty pipe? Or is the camera just mirrored? All the pipes I've ever seen have the carb is on the other side.

17. haha no the camera is just mirrored.