How do I clean harvested, outdoor grown plants?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by djacob7, May 19, 2015.

1. My harvested backyard grown plants have dust and soil on them, and may even have some insect killer residues from other nearby plants.
    Is it OK to wash the plants before drying them?

2. I would be pretty careful if you try, I'd cut it and trim then rinse buds with distilled water. You would need a good drying cabinet with a dehumidifier and lots of air circulation to dry the buds out before they mold.

3. I do this with everything I chop down.

4.   While it won't hurt them to rinse them either by washing or dunking your not going to get much off as it's all stuck to the resin covered hairs..  Just fill a trash can and dunk and plunge them a few times, let hang and then dry and cure normally.. I'll do that with ones the rain has dropped into the dirt and they have a bunch of mud on them..
      My yard gardener always blows crap into them and I've just given up on having clean buds.. I turn most to hash anyhow so it doesn't bother me as much as it used to..
      Practice the same levels of insect controls in the entire yard to avoid cross contamination spraying.. When I spray BT every week for caterpillars I hit the tomatoes, bougainvillea and other soft tasty plants I've learned are attacked by the same creatures..
      Same with Spraying Green Cure weekly for Powdery Mildew.. While I'm spraying the cannabis with it I'll hit the roses too as it works just fine on them as well.. Keeps you from needing stronger measures in the rest of the yard..