Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How do I change my Downstem?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by dellison, Nov 14, 2011.

1. I recently bought a bong that has a rubber grommet on it instead of being glass on glass. I'm not sure how to take the downstem out and how i should replace one. I'm not even sure what kind of downstem I should buy. This is my first bong so all the help I can get i'll appreciate. Thanks. :smoke:

2. depending on how big the hole is you could get a diffused glass on glass down stem and put the grommet on it to fit it in your bong. cheap ones at my headshop are like 9.99

3. Buy a GonG.

Kidding :smoke:

1. pull out old downstem
    2. put in new downstem (might need to lube it up if it doesn't fit ;) )

Easy as that!

4. Depends where you are I guess,
    around here nice glass on glass bowls start at $25,
    I've never asked how much for a dowstem to go with it.

But yea in total you're looking at minimum $40+ taxes.

The way I look at it is just go buy a glass on glass bong,
    my glass on glass zong cost me $80, with a nice matching bowl.

personally I'd rather spend an extra $40 to have a whole other setup.

5. Some people don't want to drop money on big glass, he said it's his first bong so it makes sense that he dosen't want to get into the GonG world yet and want something a little more disposable.

This is what I did for my grommet bongs, I ran them under hot water for a minute, then I pulled slowly but surely at a 45 degree angle. Sometime the grommet will pop out, other times it will stay in.Either way, the downstem will come out and you can put in a new one.

6. Just pull slowly and make sure you're not pulling it at an angle. Use a tiny bit of hand soap to lubricate it if necessary.

7. #7 dellison, Nov 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2011
    I got the downstem out. Now I just need to make the trip to the next town and pick up a new downstem. Thanks everyone your advice helped a lot