How do I catch Pollen?

Discussion in 'Cannabis Breeding' started by R-VER, Jan 23, 2009.

1. I have 5 females and 1 male in my very small grow space. I would like to pollinate 1 female with a paintbrush. How do I grow the male and keep it from pollinating the others and catch the pollen so I can save it for later?????

2. Read my link on seed.

3. Bump???????????
    I have the male in a seperate growing area at the moment and the pods look like they are gonna burst but I want to collect the pollen for 1 of my females..HOW??????????

4. Read post #2.

5. #5 hardcorehage, Jan 25, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2009
    yeah dude, read his link. I've read it before, good advice. move that fucker somewhere else first thing you can, and just get a ziplock bag and shake the pods in it. use the paintbrush, or tie the ziplock bag over a branch and shake and bake it, leaving the bag on the branch with a rubberband tied all around it. Thats all cantharis

edit: I think you can actually clip the pollen pods off if they're ready to burst. put them in a ziplock bag, and the pollen sac might survive till it burst and you have the pollen needed.

6. #6 thosevacanteyes, Jan 25, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2009
    Check out my grow journal.. I am currently doing the same thing with Diesel Ryder...

I have moved the weak female from the grow area and placed her with her male mate.. I am going to simply remove pollen sacs and place them on the female..or just let them be.

-C