How do I begin?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Business and Industry' started by hgiigh33, Sep 13, 2015.

1. I'm a sophomore in college, studying botany and agriculture. I am interested in maybe moving out to CO, CA, or WA for the summer to maybe do some trimming or other menial type work at a dispensary. I have no experience in the industry besides being a massive stoner, but I also take my studies very seriously and would absolutely be interested in some work for the summer to explore the industry. I know some restrictions apply, like residency and age, but do you have any ideas as to how I might start this process? Again, basically I am looking to move out to one of these states for the summer, find temporary living, and find some work in the industry. I will be 20 during this time period. Thank you everyone in advance for your help!

2. Pretty sure all states that have legalized have an age requirement of 21+ to buy or smoke which extends into the job industry. I live and work in CO where you need an MMED badge for any mmj industry job. Application requirements are you must be 21+, a CO resident and you have to pass a background test. There's also a $150 fee for a support badge which is what you need to trim or budtend and a $400 fee for a key badge, required for more supervisory roles.

3. #3 EmeraldCream, Nov 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2015
    "legalization" means the elites are regulating this industry into the hands of a few.

Unless you're connected or rich enough to get in now you you likely never will be.

If you really want to be a farmer for a living grow something else that doesn't have the government or a biotech company swarming all over it. Berries are working out pretty well for the moment but TBH I'm sure it's just a matter of time before those need to be "HIGHLY REGULATED!!" into some rich guys pocket as well.

Farming is a dying industry for any wanting to be independent and make their own money.....if you want to be a wage slave though that's going to be a big up and comer in agriculture. Hell it looks like CO is already well on it's way....looks like the wage slaves there even have to pay for the privilege LMFAO ......what a scam.

Good luck!