Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How do I beat the munchies?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by neonkittensx, Sep 14, 2012.

1. I'll be honest, I'm pretty overweight. But it's impossible to diet when I get the munchies so bad! It's not like I can stock my house with fruits and veggies only. I'm not the one who does the grocery shopping, and every time I suggest they buy healthier foods it get swept under the rug.

2. i always eat before smoking, curbs the appetite.

3. [quote name='"neonkittensx"']I'll be honest, I'm pretty overweight. But it's impossible to diet when I get the munchies so bad! It's not like I can stock my house with fruits and veggies only. I'm not the one who does the grocery shopping, and every time I suggest they buy healthier foods it get swept under the rug.[/quote]

I had that problem for a while. I got I found it easiest to be mentally strong, set an amount of food that you think is healthy ( granted healthier food would be better but quantity is what kills us) to eat for your weight and don't let yourself eat more than that when you smoke. It's hard the first week or so then your body and mind begin to work together and you won't be as hungry when you smoke. The smaller amounts will satisfy you...just gotta train your mind and body!!! Goodluck!!

4. Grab your biggest bag of cheetos, a box of doughnuts, some beer, water, pizza, and kick back with a big ol' blunt for a half hour. Then dip to a good local burger joint and order their biggest friggin Burgermeister on the menu. If you still feel like munching after that, go with 2 large chocolate milkshakes, one concrete and one smooth. If you haven't defeated the munchies by this point, I don't know what I else I can suggest.

5. Put a sign on the fridge saying "THINK!" and perhaps add that "worst" photo of yourself!

Granny

6. #6 sleepy96, Sep 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2012
    Just don't eat after you smoke. Tell yourself you will go X amount of hours not eating after you smoke, even if you feel hungry. Fight the munchies urge and you will eventually not feel it as much. Drink a lot of water instead of soda/junk food. It makes your body think you're eating something but you are just getting hydrated :)

I think you may have missed the point of his post. lol

7. Trail Mix, fruits and veggies.

NO JUNK FOOD! Waste of $$

8. And figure out the price per pound for potato chips some day! In those little bags, they are more expensive per pound than steak!

9. [quote name='"Storm Crow"']And figure out the price per pound for potato chips some day! In those little bags, they are more expensive per pound than steak![/quote]

If you looooove chips get some sun chips...also nuts are awesome for you, I can much on pistachios for 30mins straight and feel like I've eaten a lot because of the amount of time I've been eating...and you don't have to feel bad afterwards because of the nutritional value of them. Also find some food that you have to "open" individually and the process will take longer and trick your body into thinking you've been eating longer.

10. i like to smoke before i eat a meal so then i can munch out on some real food lol.

wake and bake, then eat breakfast. then i dont smoke until like dinner time then smoke all night and maybe have a snack or 2 lol.

just know there NO WAY you eat one chip. i literally try this so often and after like 10 minutes it like fuck that im eating more yo

11. [quote name='"aceer15"']

If you looooove chips get some sun chips...also nuts are awesome for you, I can much on pistachios for 30mins straight and feel like I've eaten a lot because of the amount of time I've been eating...and you don't have to feel bad afterwards because of the nutritional value of them. Also find some food that you have to "open" individually and the process will take longer and trick your body into thinking you've been eating longer.[/quote]

Pistachios are so good but expensive haha

12. I'd suggest getting healthy finger food like Gryphonics suggested.

I keep a 3 pound bag of almonds by my bed

13. Just wait to smoke until after you've just eaten a full meal. If you smoke and then eat, you'll eat a lot more than if you eat before you smoke, and you won't get the munchies after.

14. Eat an apple 20 min before blazing, and drink water to fill the stomach.
    Don't eat shit food, it will burn you out and have you crashing quicker than anything.

15. Just eat healthy food. An apple usually fills me up pretty good, and theyre delicious.

16. I generally eat before toking, because I hate when munchies ruin my buzz

17. Yesterday i ate a large 4 meat topping pizza from dominos all alone. Thing probably had like 10,000 calories. God i'm fat. lol i wish i was still the skinny 150lb kid i was. oh how times change my friend.

18. The mixture of ur blood pumpin from workin hard and the endorphins flooding ur brain with the THC. Working out gets you in a 'do something' mood, and the endorphins and cannabinoids in ur brain compliment that thought by having u in a good mood so u don't immediately shoot it down.

19. Force yourself to take walks everyday.
    Drink more water.
    Try to eat smaller meals.
    Fill up on veggies before meats or sweets.
    Read a few fitness magazines for motivation.
    Quit blaming your family, you are responsible for every bite that goes into your mouth!
    Quit eating when you are bored.
    Turn off the TV and get active!
    Go hiking.
    You CAN do this but you are going to change the way you think about food.

20. Learn how to cook and put all that passion you have whilst eating everything in sight into cooking good healthy meals start with a chicken based meal cant really go wrong there maybe some chicken breasts and rice the rest is up to you, google some recipes.