Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How do I ask my room mate...

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by CaptainCupcake, Feb 11, 2011.

1. #1 CaptainCupcake, Feb 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2011
    if she's okay with me cooking edibles today?

Usually she's off at work and doesn't come home until late; so I was going to cook with the windows open and a fan going and just continue to air it out so the smell wouldn't be too obvious.

I just honestly have no fucking clue if she's cool with weed or not. She could seriously go either way; she can be weird and uptight/slightly rude (don't know if she means to, she just can come off that way) and then surprise me and be super laid back with some things.

For instance, what makes me think she might be cool with it, is that she's best friends with my other room mate's mom since they were in grade school, and I know for a fact her mom smoked when she was younger and has even smoked now because of her cancer. I know the mom would be totally cool with it...but she likes to defend her best friend if she's not okay with something. So I am tentative to even try baking while she's here without at least letting her know ...

I thought she would be gone by 10 am and I would be simmering my cannaoil as of right now, but she's still here and I don't hear her getting ready...today is Friday, she might have the day off. (fuck.)

So I was REALLY looking forward to baking this shit today; how can I approach her? I just don't want things to be weird or cause drama if she flips out over it...

advice please :/

edit: Please don't give me answers like, 'just go outside and smoke it!' , doing edibles for a very specific reason so it *has* to be edibles.

2. hahah fuzzy little thing there.

Alright, I honestly do not know either but we can suggest ideas.....Right!!?

Maybe tell her about weed in a story to she her view on it and be like "hey i think i saw someone smoking a bong in the window!! if you didn't whatever, make her believe it.
    -then just converse about it.

Option 2. Ask her if she wants to get high today.....but she has to help cook.

Option 3. Leave and smoke.

:confused: who knows....good luck though.

3. just go to her and tell her what you're doing, I mean it's your apartment too.

4. Sounds like it's time for "the talk" :rolleyes: Out of respect you really need to see where she stands...it's your ass on the line if she freaks out.

5. "Do you care if I make some weed butter in the kitchen?"

"Her answer"

*Go make butter no matter her answer*

6. or you pull the ol' "I'm gonna make some brownies wanna test them with me afterwards?"

7. That's not something you should ever hide from a room-mate, it could fuck you over in the end. Just ask them, for all you know they may toke as well :smoke:

And if you MUST make edibles, make firecrackers. They taste like shit, but get the job done.

8. thanks for the suggestions, guys. I really appreciate it. :)

9. Sell me your kitten.

I'll give you two turtles, a chicken, and a caterpillar.

Pm me if interested.

:D

10. SO her reaction to me asking if she was okay with it was, 'Just be sure to leave me some.'
    :D

:laughing:

p.s. not my kitten, totally wish it was, though...

11. That's awesome! Congrats. :smoke:

12. hi there.

I was wondering if you could share how u cook ur canna-oil and if u decarb before u simmer?
    Also have you been to the edibles section and looked at Paleo Edibles thread?

He was literally banned for OWNING. Every person in the edibles section who thought they were a guru. Id give his recipe a shot.

13. I didn't decarb...I wasn't sure if it was necessary or not. :/

I just ground it up semi fine and now it's just barely simmering on medium low, stirring occasionally; and no I havent checked out his thread, maybe I should give it a go? :)

14. Say "Oh man some guy just smoked some weed outside" and test her if she gets pissed about it. If so, don't do it. If she doesn't give a fuck then just bake them in front of her.

15. That's awesome and you did the right thing. Honesty is so much better than ever trying to hide something from someone. I just learned this the hard way, unfortunately :(

16. that's so fucking awesome!

17. ask her if she wants some special brownies.