How do cover up the smell?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Twitchy the Cat, Jul 28, 2011.

1. Can i get a carbon air filter to remove the smell? Im sure i will never completly remove the smell but i need to tone it down. What is the best way to do so.

2. well, a carbon filter will do you good, also there are several room parfume u can use to mask the odor

3. carbon filter is your best option. get the bigeest one you can find. and put a really good fan on top of it. my favorite for a medium-small sized room is a 720cfm 8" fan on a 8"x24" phresh filter

4. yeah, carbon filter and Ona gel...you'll be set

5. These are the only things that neutralize the odor, the rest of the stuff just masks it, so use those 2 and you will be straight.

Also x2 on the Phresh filter recommendation. Don't cheap out on filters.

6. yep carbon filter...and depending on your space you may not need a 720cfm...in my avatar pic is my 5x5x7 grow tent and i run a 440cfm inline fan with the filter outside my tent recieving the air being pulled and its perfect...you dont want that inline sucking too much heat out to the point of throwing off your temps..

7. Don't even think about trying to mask the odor, it likely will be too strong and you will end up with two odors. You can make your own carbon filter and save $$, check the DIY area for several tutorials...

8. I made a carbon filter last weekend for my 4"...took about 30mins with some tie straps / chicked wire & carbon filter material from Lowes. Cost around 20 bux, 10 of it was on the filter material alone, which I hope will last a couple months. Cant smell a damn thing.

9. Works for me as well:)

10. DIY carbon filters work well for small grows (ie. cabinent, closet, etc) but if you have a larger scale grow (ie. HID lighting, 1000watters, etc) you're definitely going to want to spend the dough for a serious filter. phresh filter is the best you can get (albeit a little expensive), but they also last for like 2 years, so weigh the pros and cons for you but if you can afford it, phresh as opposed to DIY is definitely the way to go. plus it's from australia, that's at least kinda cool :eek::smoke::wave::hello: