How do buds grow?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by 4ala2sk0a, Mar 10, 2014.

1. I was staring at my plants and was wondering how buds grow and form.
    Do they grow in a steadily increasing pace?  Like the buds keep popping out hairs and growing from all sides in a fractal pattern?  
    Im asking if anyone can tell me the more scientific part of bud growth.  Anyone know a little more about this than me?

2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUT929jna48

3. #3 Doc-J, Mar 10, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2014
    Kinds of in phases. First you see pre flowers, then the first few weeks you will see bud sites forming up until around mid flower. Around mid flower the number of new bud sites slows and they begin to grow in size, length more than width. This is when smaller buds start growing in to one another, and the colas start to take form. Late in flower the buds begin the final push as calyxes start to swell, and the buds really fatten up. As calyxes swell, hairs start to turn and trichs start changing. Pretty soon its harvest time.

4. Thanks, that answers most of it.  I have seen the beginning and the end, but everything in the middle I have never experienced.