How did your piece break?

Discussion in 'Smoking Pipes, Glass Spoon Pipes' started by Lady Ganja, Jun 1, 2010.

1. it's happened to almost all of us... tragedy strikes, and a piece breaks. Good story, bad story, whatever, I wanna know. how did your toking tool break?

I recently lost my pride and joy, my bong. I was keeping it over at a friends place while I moved (so no one would stumble across it while helping me unpack and everything) and my drunk friend accidentally knocked it off their coffee table... I was terribly sad and hella pissed. I still miss that bong. RIP Yahtzee. I've also broken three slides (one I just dropped while cleaning it, one broke during transit after I packed it rather haphazardly, and the third one my dog broke when he swept it off a table with his tail).

2. i'm pretty sure i've only broke pieces while i was cleaning them. i don't think i've ever dropped and broke one. but idk, i've had a lot of pieces over the years and i can't remember what happened to all of them.

3. damn i know ur pain mine broke tonight only had it for a week was cleaning it in the sink and my arm bumbped the glass salt shaker in the sink hit it broke in 2 =( [​IMG]

4. some electrical tape would fix that right up

5. Ive broken my fair share of pieces and it does suck and you feel horrible afterwards but for me Ive mostly only broken pieces while cleaning them( wet hands+slippery wet glass= glass death)

6. dropped outta my lap 2 times n broke everytime.. (fixed it eveerytime)

7. Haha what?!?!?! Electrical tape?!?!?!? Yeah, he'll get right on that....

I've broken way too much glass, lucky none of it was REALLY important.

The very first bong I bought, only cost me $50 for a large Aussie piece. Had it sitting on a counter ready to put ice in it. I bumped it while opening the freezer. I remember it annoyed me SO much, because I was sort of wondering if I'd bother about ice or not. Wish I went without!

My brother let a little glass bubbler drop on hard wood floor out the back, it cracked in 2.

My brother also broke 2 others, tho they were both my ex's, and rubbish aswell. He bumped one, it fell into the other. 2 broken pieces for the price of one! Yeah one was this weird stemless thing that was kinda snake shaped, but fell over CONSTANTLY. I was happy when it broke.

I've broken 2 or 3 Molino slides. They've just rolled off the bathroom sink onto the tiled floor.

Broken 2 Weedstar stokers. One rolled off a bench and cracked on a metal strip (the edge of kitchen lino into carpet), the other snapped in half when walked on on a carpeted floor.

My friend dropped a blue Molino slide into my mix bowl and the 14.5 joint snapped clean off.

Dropped the stock stem that came with a Weedstar Fat Joe by dropping it directly after cleaning it, and getting new 18.8 bowls in the mail that day.

Had TWO broken Mad Scientists. One came posted with a crack that grew and grew. Other one was bumped on a coffee table SO slightly, but the stupid design put all the weight of the over heavy top chamber onto the join in the middle. It just snapped clean in two! The ENTIRE bong is stabilised by a 14.5 joint joining the 2 chambers, it's such a stupid design. You never felt safe picking it up or holding it by the neck.

Latest break was legitimate, and completely my fault, no exceptions. Was a single tree perc'd 50cm Black leaf tube (from grass city). Just finished rinsing and cleaning it, and it slipped from my fingers. 1/3 of the base landed on the hard bathroom sink. Smashed that part of the base off, and I've caught the tube in my left hand as it's falling to the sink. The tube actually stayed intact. The base was smashed on one side, but no holes in the bottom of the tube. The blue glass cheap china perc however... completely shattered and exploded on impact. It was pretty amazing to see actually, how much it actually shattered from an indirect hit on it.

The only break I really wish didn't happen was the latest one. Only had the piece for like 2 weeks, and ironically it was a replacement piece for a double perc Black Leaf where the bottom perc just shattered one day catching the tube with my hand from falling.

I get so nervous cleaning these days. I need to get the laundry sink tap fixed, that way if I drop anything, it'll land on a hollow tin sink instead of a rock hard porcelain one.

I can't imagine dropping/breaking a $200+ piece. It must be the worst feeling. I have a hard enough time grieving over $50 pieces!!!

The irony of it is, more expensive stuff may have survived some of the bumps that killed the cheaper bits. Could have went the other way too tho, and I could have broken thousand's of dollars worth of RooRs and Toros or whatever by now.

8. ive broken a few..

years ago my friend loaned me his pipe, it was a pretty big, nice pipe.. i forget its name... i almost remembered just now but didnt.

anyway he loaned it to me bc it was filthy and i offered to clean it bc i wanted to harvest all the resin, which i did. after i cleaned it really well i was rinsing it off in the sink and i just fumbled it. it only fell about a a foot into the sink, but the weakest part of the shaft suffered a clean break.

now that ive recalled that story, i think i remember the name: pimpy. pimpy chronstockings. rip.

ive broken many others, dropped more than a few out of my lap while standing up... broke one on all fucked up on xanax one nite, broke the inside of a bowl trying to scrape resin, ive even broken pipes on purpose just bc i was desperate for the resin.

i was on a streak tho, prolly a year or two with no breaks, until last month when i fumbled a spoon onto the concrete.. so now i just have my chillum.

9. fuck dat shit thats a nice tube.

10. I also don't think i've ever broke glass while I wasn't cleaning.

First glass bong- locally blown grommet bong with a nicer slide-
    The tube broke the first time I tried to clean it, I was cleaning it in my bathtub and my hands got wet and I lost my grip and it shattered into many pieces. It was very sad since I had only had it for about 2 weeks. Luckily the setup was under $100. The slide rolled off my sink and broke into a few pieces on my bathroom floor.

Illadelph Ashcatcher(original model bought a year or two ago). I had just cleaned it thoroughly, then I sat down at my desk and was shaking the water off when the downstem and where it attached cracked. I was pretty pissed since it matched my Illy tube(blue label) but I got over it quickly.

I dropped my diffused downstem in my sink once while cleaning and it broke. I have also broken lots of plain old slides. Especily the plain grommet slides I broke a couple just while holding them, I sortif crushed the glass in my hand since they were so thin
    That's all I can think of right now.

11. electrical tape come on now bro....lol ima see if he cant weld it if not ask if he can just attach a new tube part to the inline..

12. some chick dropped it and it shattered on the floor.

It was a nice glass pipe though.

Ill miss ya